emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Multiple timestamps
@ 2008-09-06 12:03 Jan Seeger
From: Jan Seeger @ 2008-09-06 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings list,

I had the idea to use multiple timestamps for an event to remind me some
months before (or is there another/better way to do that?). It works
fine, and the event is entered at both dates. However, the other
timestamp is always shown in the agenda view in the event text (like
this: Someone marries. <Date>).

Is it possible to remove all timestamps from the text when showing the
event?

Regards,
Jan Seeger

* Re: Multiple timestamps
@ 2008-09-06 20:52 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-06 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Seeger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 6, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Jan Seeger wrote:

> Greetings list,
>
> I had the idea to use multiple timestamps for an event to remind me
> some months before (or is there another/better way to do that?). It
> works fine, and the event is entered at both dates. However, the
> other timestamp is always shown in the agenda view in the event text
> (like this: Someone marries. <Date>).
>
> Is it possible to remove all timestamps from the text when showing
> the event?

You can put the dates into the next line:

* someone marries:
    <date 1>
    <date 2>

HTH