emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Custom filtering the agenda by (file) tag
@ 2008-11-04 23:18 Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2008-11-04 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've been setting up a whole bunch of org-agenda-custom-commands and
am having trouble setting up a filter to display ONLY items in the
agenda view which are tagged PERSONAL across all my org-agenda-files.

I tried several ways to do this and ended up trying the following:

(org-add-agenda-custom-command
 '("b" agenda "Personal Agenda"
   ((org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-subtree-if
                                'notregexp ":PERSONAL:")))))

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to work with FILETAGS as it relies
on matching against a regex.  How can I implement this view with full
tag support and inheritance?

Thanks again,

R.

* Re: Custom filtering the agenda by (file) tag
@ 2008-11-05  6:45 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-05  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rick,

you would need to write your own skip function, using a call to

(member "PERSONAL" (org-get-tags-at))

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2008-11-05  9:58   ` Carsten Dominik