emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* melpa
@ 2016-02-19  7:00 童俊翔
From: 童俊翔 @ 2016-02-19  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org mode

I’m using melpa, and org is updated to the newest version

but my org-version is still 8.2.10, as follows

Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /Users/mac/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160215/)

How to solve this problem?

thank you!

Junxiang

* Re: melpa
@ 2016-02-19  7:37 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2016-02-19  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 童俊翔; +Cc: Org mode

On 2016-02-19 08:00, 童俊翔 <tongjunxiang@gmail.com> writes:

> I’m using melpa, and org is updated to the newest version
>
> but my org-version is still 8.2.10, as follows
>
> Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /Users/mac/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160215/)
>
> How to solve this problem?

You probably have a mixed installation, which can happen if org-mode is
loaded when you install the elpa version.

What you can try is the following (please anyone correct me if I'm
giving incorrect instructions):
- uninstall orgmode from elpa
- restart emacs and do not load orgmode (which means do not execute any
org-related code)
- install the org-mode package

You then need to make sure that any org-related function in your init
file is called after `package-initialize'.

Hope this helps,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂ (2016-01, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.52

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: melpa
@ 2016-02-19 16:44   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2016-02-19 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: Org mode, 童俊翔

It could also be that orgmode does not come from melpa, it comes from "
http://orgmode.org/elpa/" If you have a list of packages that get
installed, make sure org is first. Any package that requires org will
interfere with the installation of the org package.

(setq package-archives
'(("elpy" . "http://jorgenschaefer.github.io/packages/")
("org" . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/")
("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/")
("melpa-stable" . "http://melpa-stable.milkbox.net/packages/")
("melpa" . "http://melpa.org/packages/")))

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2016-02-19 19:24     ` 童俊翔
From: 童俊翔 @ 2016-02-19 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: alan.schmitt, Org mode

It seems that there is some problems in elpa.gnu.org <http://elpa.gnu.org/>, I can not connect to it even using web browser.

elpa.gnu.org    failed   *http elpa.... --           (network connection to elpa.gnu.org)
melpa.org       run      *http melpa... --           /bin/bash -c openssl s_client -connect melpa.org:443 -no_ssl2 -ign_eof

Junxiang

@ 2016-02-19 20:31       ` Will O'Brien
From: Will O'Brien @ 2016-02-19 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 童俊翔; +Cc: alan.schmitt, emacs-orgmode, John Kitchin

On 19 Feb 2016 19:25, "童俊翔" <tongjunxiang@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that there is some problems in elpa.gnu.org, I can not connect
to it even using web browser.

> elpa.gnu.org    failed   *http elpa.... --           (network connection
to elpa.gnu.org)
> melpa.org       run      *http melpa... --           /bin/bash -c openssl
s_client -connect melpa.org:443 -no_ssl2 -ign_eof

Seems it is back up now.

Will

* Re: melpa
@ 2016-02-20  5:00     ` 童俊翔