emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org refile completion for won't use ido
@ 2017-04-25 17:17 Joel Walker
From: Joel Walker @ 2017-04-25 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When using org-refile, I'm accustom to getting ido completion when
selecting a target due to the customizations in my init below. In org-mode
release 9.0.5, the minibuffer won't ido for an org-refile. Ido works
otherwise. There isn't an error, and refiling still works; ido completion
is just missing. I changed to org-mode release 8.3.6, things work as
expected.

; Use full outline paths for refile targets - we file directly with IDO
(setq org-refile-use-outline-path t)

; Targets complete directly with IDO
(setq org-outline-path-complete-in-steps nil)

; Allow refile to create parent tasks with confirmation
(setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes (quote confirm))

; Use IDO for both buffer and file completion and ido-everywhere to t
(setq org-completion-use-ido t)
(setq ido-everywhere t)
(setq ido-max-directory-size 100000)
(ido-mode (quote both))
; Use the current window when visiting files and buffers with ido
(setq ido-default-file-method 'selected-window)
(setq ido-default-buffer-method 'selected-window)
; Use the current window for indirect buffer display
(setq org-indirect-buffer-display 'current-window)

;;;; Refile settings
; Exclude DONE state tasks from refile targets
(defun bh/verify-refile-target ()
  "Exclude todo keywords with a done state from refile targets"
  (not (member (nth 2 (org-heading-components)) org-done-keywords)))

(setq org-refile-target-verify-function 'bh/verify-refile-target)

* Re: org refile completion for won't use ido
@ 2017-04-25 17:34 ` Joel Walker
From: Joel Walker @ 2017-04-25 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode