emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Citation in footnote not expanded/exported to LaTeX (using Org-ref-cite)
@ 2021-09-06 10:03 Elias Bounatirou
From: Elias Bounatirou @ 2021-09-06 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: jkitchin

I tried to insert a citation in a footnote using Org-ref-cite.
Unfortunately, when exporting to  LaTeX, the citation is ignored, i.e., it
is left out and does not appear in the LaTeX output. Is there a way to make
references appear in the footnotes or is there at least a work around? The
footnote itself in my case was created by C-c C-x f.
I am writing to the list, following John Kitchin's advice, who supposes
that the problem might be a limitation in Org-cite, see also my github
issue https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref-cite/issues/22.
I am using Org-mode to write a book on a linguistic subject and I
absolutely (desperately!) need footnotes with references in them.
Therefore, if the functionality in question does not exist, my mail is also
a feature request to create it.
Many thanks for your help.

Elias

(org-version)
"9.4.6"
(emacs-version)
"GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20, cairo
version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-06-04"

* Re: Citation in footnote not expanded/exported to LaTeX (using Org-ref-cite)
@ 2021-09-06 11:50 ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2021-09-06 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elias Bounatirou; +Cc: org-mode-email, John Kitchin

This works fine for me:

#+bibliography: test.bib
#+cite_export: biblatex verbose

Body text with a citation: [cite:@mcneill2011].

Footnote: [fn:1]

#+print_bibliography:

* Footnotes

[fn:1] A commentary, and then a citation: [cite:@low2001].

Results for the end is:

Body text with a citation: \autocite{mcneill2011}.

Footnote: \footnote{A commentary, and then a citation: \autocite{low2001}.}

@ 2021-09-06 15:45   ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2021-09-06 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elias Bounatirou; +Cc: org-mode-email, John Kitchin

It does seems there's a little bug with this; for in-footnote citation
outputs, but the second not.

Body text with a citation: [cite:@mcneill2011 with a suffix][fn:2].

Body text with a citation: [cite:@low2001; @mcneill2011; with a suffix][fn:3].

@ 2021-09-07  8:21     ` Elias Bounatirou