emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Citation bug with print_bibliography :filter "keyword phrase" with spaces
@ 2023-11-23 16:53 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2023-11-23 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think I've found another bug with citations, this time about filtering on
keywords when printing bibliographies with the CSL processor.  Either that
or I'm wrong about how it works.

Here's a test .bib file; note the "keyword phrase" keywords.  Filtering doesn't
work on them.

Test.bib:

   @article{article1,
     title = {Title Here},
     author = {Denton, William},
     date = {2020-01-01},
     journaltitle = {Journal Title},
     issue = {1},
     keywords = {keyword phrase}
   }

   @article{article2,
     title = {Title Here Too},
     author = {Denton, William},
     date = {2023-11-01},
     journaltitle = {Journal Title Too},
     issue = {2},
     keywords = {keyword phrase}
   }

   @book{book1,
     title = {Mastering Emacs},
     author = {Petersen, Mickey},
     date = {2022},
     keywords = {emacs}
     }

And here's an Org file.  For exporting I'm using CSL, referring to a style in my
Zotero directory.  Any Zotero user will have this, but I don't know how to make
it easily reproducible for others.

### --------- Org file starts

#+bibliography: Test.bib

#+cite_export: csl ~/Zotero/styles/chicago-author-date.csl

* Text

One article: [cite:@article1].  Another article: [cite:@article2].  And a real book: [cite:@book1].

* Everything

#+print_bibliography:

* Emacs

#+print_bibliography: :keyword emacs

* Keyword phrase

#+print_bibliography: :keyword "keyword phrase"

### ---------- Org file ends

When exported to LaTeX, the complete bibliography and the Emacs bibliography are
there, but the "keyword phrase" one isn't.  The manual says, "Values including
spaces must be surrounded with double quotes."  I did that, but based on this it
doesn't seem to be working.

(I'm running Org from the development branch.)

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/

* Re: Citation bug with print_bibliography :filter "keyword phrase" with spaces
@ 2023-11-26  9:03 ` András Simonyi
From: András Simonyi @ 2023-11-26  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Denton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear All,

On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 at 17:54, William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> wrote:

> I think I've found another bug with citations, this time about filtering on
> keywords when printing bibliographies with the CSL processor.  Either that
> or I'm wrong about how it works.

Thanks for reporting, I've managed to reproduce the problem and it
turned out to be a citeproc-el bug,
which is now fixed in the master branch. The updated version should be
available in MELPA soonish.

best wishes,
András