emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* simulating counter macro in property values
@ 2017-07-20 11:52 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2017-07-20 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I export a series of subtrees to a static website.  The subtrees are listed
in a menu that the site generator  creates.  The position in the menu is
controlled by an org property (":HUGO_MENU_OVERRIDERS: :weight X").

I would really like to automate the "weight" value so that the menu order
reflects the order of subtrees in my source file. I'd also like to keep
some space between the assigned weightings, though that's not really
essential.  So essentially I want to be able to write this:

** Some Important Stuff
:PROPERTIES:
:HUGO_MENU_OVERRIDES: (* {{{n}}} 10)
:END:

... and have that lisp expression, AND the counter, evaluated before
export.  Obviously this does not work, but is there a way to simulate this
behaviour?

Thanks as always to the community!
matt