emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* publishing subtrees
@ 2017-01-07  3:18 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2017-01-07  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

In my course repositories, I have all my lecture notes in one file, and all
my assignments in another.  So they have the form

* Lecture 1
** Slide 1
** Slide 2
* Lecture 2 ...

* Assignment 1
** Description
** Rubric
* Assignment 2...

I'd like to have publishing functions that, say, export all first-level
headings to html with ox-reveal, and uploads those to a location on the
web. Or, alternatively, export them all to org in a remote location ,where
they can be viewed on github or using jeyll or something.

Is anyone doing something like this already? Is it possible using hte
built-in publishing functions?

Thank you!

Matt

* Re: publishing subtrees
@ 2017-01-09  2:48 ` Joon Ro
From: Joon Ro @ 2017-01-09  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price, Org Mode

> In my course repositories, I have all my lecture notes in one file, and all my assignments in another.  So they have the form

> * Lecture 1
> ** Slide 1
> ** Slide 2
> * Lecture 2 ...
>
> * Assignment 1
> ** Description
> ** Rubric
> * Assignment 2...
>
> I'd like to have publishing functions that, say, export all first-level headings to html with ox-reveal, and uploads those to a location on the web. Or, alternatively, export them all to org in a remote location ,where they can be viewed on github or using jeyll or something.
>
> Is anyone doing something like this already? Is it possible using hte built-in publishing functions?

I do pretty much the same thing for my course contents. I think the following is relevant to what you want:

http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2259/how-to-export-top-level-headings-of-org-mode-buffer-to-separate-files
[https://cdn.sstatic.net/Sites/emacs/img/apple-touch-icon@2.png?v=dbead6deb8b0]<http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2259/how-to-export-top-level-headings-of-org-mode-buffer-to-separate-files>

elisp - How to export top-level headings of org-mode ...<http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2259/how-to-export-top-level-headings-of-org-mode-buffer-to-separate-files>
emacs.stackexchange.com
How can each top-level heading of an org-mode buffer be exported to a separate file named after the value of the corresponding CUSTOM_ID + (sanitized) title?

Best Regards,
Joon

* Re: publishing subtrees
@ 2017-01-10  1:53   ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2017-01-10  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joon Ro; +Cc: Org Mode

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Joon Ro <joon.ro@outlook.com> wrote:

> > In my course repositories, I have all my lecture notes in one file, and
> all my assignments in another.  So they have the form
> >
> > * Lecture 1
> > ** Slide 1
> > ** Slide 2
> > * Lecture 2 ...
> >
> > * Assignment 1
> > ** Description
> > ** Rubric
> > * Assignment 2...
> >
> > I'd like to have publishing functions that, say, export all first-level
> headings to html with ox-reveal, and uploads those to a location on the
> web. Or, alternatively, export them all to org in a remote location ,where
> they can be viewed on github or using jeyll or something.
> >
> > Is anyone doing something like this already? Is it possible using hte
> built-in publishing functions?
>
> I do pretty much the same thing for my course contents. I think the
> following is relevant to what you want:
>
> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2259/how-to-
> export-top-level-headings-of-org-mode-buffer-to-separate-files
>
> <http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2259/how-to-export-top-level-headings-of-org-mode-buffer-to-separate-files>
> elisp - How to export top-level headings of org-mode ...
> <http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2259/how-to-export-top-level-headings-of-org-mode-buffer-to-separate-files>
> emacs.stackexchange.com
> How can each top-level heading of an org-mode buffer be exported to a
> separate file named after the value of the corresponding CUSTOM_ID +
> (sanitized) title?
>

> Best Regards,
> Joon
>
> thank you, Joon, that is extremely helpful.  Do you have a publishing
setup in which you use this function? It looks like it would have to be
rewritten somewhat to accept the parameters (plist filename pub-dir); I am
either too tired or twoo stupid (or both! ) figure it out quickly, so if
you have it done already I would be very grateful to see it.

Thank you!
Matt

* Re: publishing subtrees
@ 2017-01-10  2:10     ` Joon Ro