emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* What do you recommend for acronyms in org-mode?
@ 2023-08-26 17:16 Maske
       [not found] ` <CALEYq0-i6W29=t0UXTZt1a7ctVHzyPDFEtcVHwpwF5mxHvbibA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Maske @ 2023-08-26 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

I would like to know what do you use for acronyms, glossaries, etc for
using inside org-mode? Not for exportation, just to use them inside Emacs.

Maybe radio links, or the package org-glossary? org-ref?

Best regards

* Re: What do you recommend for acronyms in org-mode?
       [not found] ` <CALEYq0-i6W29=t0UXTZt1a7ctVHzyPDFEtcVHwpwF5mxHvbibA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2023-08-27  1:01   ` Maske
From: Maske @ 2023-08-27  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin, Org-mode

Hi John!

I was using org-ref some time ago, but it seemed to get emacs slower, in my low resources PC.

Would you give me some tips to make org-ref lighter?

Best regards

@ 2023-08-27 18:15     ` briangpowell
From: briangpowell @ 2023-08-27 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maske; +Cc: John Kitchin, Org-mode

Wow, that's a great video Dr. Kitchen; I'll have to find time to take a
deeper dive into your OrgRef software

This question from Mr. Maske is interesting, "...The session load gets too
high, the editor becomes too slow,...etc."

* Suggest making smaller .org files

* Suggest also trying to mix in Abbrev-Mode as a Minor-Mode somehow in the
mode-less Emacs editor--using Abbrev-Mode may speed things up in many
ways--see this for more: https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AbbrevMode

** Maybe even extend Dr. Kitchen's Org-Ref software somehow to include
Abbrev-Mode calls--see the software at: https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref

*** Then your own ~/.abbrev_defs.can be set to your own tastes & evolve
with you...that might speed things up for you

@ 2023-08-28 12:52     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2023-08-28 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maske; +Cc: Org-mode