emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Alternative to MobileOrg for ios
@ 2016-02-08 21:31 Stoph Long
From: Stoph Long @ 2016-02-08 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear All,

  I just found another way to synchronize org-mode and ios. It requires
dropbox and the ios Editorial app, but then you work with the original file
as "enhanced" plain text.  Editorial ($9.99,
http://omz-software.com/editorial/) is extensible in python as well as a
visual workflow language and has good regex coverage. I wrote some org
related functions (folding, priority setting, status setting, sorting by
status and priority) as a proof of concept. You can check out my screencast
of it for more info (https://youtu.be/JclQcwc2iJs).

  The scripts work well for my needs. Still, please back up your work
before using as I make no guarantees. I'm sure there are better programmers
out there who can bring this to the next level. The functions to date are
listed on the Editorial forum at
https://forum.omz-software.com/topic/2023/feature-org-mode-support/9

  The same thread on the forum is encouraging the author to add more
support for org.  He already supports markdown, multimarkdown, and
taskpaper so much of the core functionality (tables, checkboxes) is there.
So if you think this is a good direction, please add your +1 there and say
what you'd like to see.

  Note, I'm not affiliated with Editorial in any way, but I was very happy
to find a powerful plain text way to update my org files on the go!

Stoph