emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Warning (emacs): Please update your Org Protocol handler to deal with new-style links.
@ 2017-06-03 23:17 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2017-06-03 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

i am using the org-capture firefox extension.  org maint.  emacs 24.4.

finally, org capture is working properly.  i am grateful to everybody
who worked on it.

i am getting this warning:

Warning (emacs): Please update your Org Protocol handler to deal with
new-style links.

is it a concern?

--
The Kafka Pandemic: <http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com>

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

"You’ve really gotta quit this and get moving, because this is murder
by neglect." ---
<http://www.meaction.net/2017/02/03/pwme-people-with-me-are-being-murdered-by-neglect>.

* Re: Warning (emacs): Please update your Org Protocol handler to deal with new-style links.
@ 2017-06-04  6:59 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-06-04  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

> i am getting this warning:
>
> Warning (emacs): Please update your Org Protocol handler to deal with
> new-style links.
>
> is it a concern?

See ORG-NEWS, for release 9.0. It is easy to get rid of this warning.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Warning (emacs): Please update your Org Protocol handler to deal with new-style links.
@ 2017-06-04 18:58   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2017-06-04 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 6/3/17, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> See ORG-NEWS, for release 9.0. It is easy to get rid of this warning.

where does one make that change?  i don't know what a handler function
is.  all i define is a capture template.

does this mean org-capture extension [the one with the unicorn icon in
firefox] needs to be changed?

or is it on the lisp side and my org-protocol version is out of date?

--

@ 2017-06-04 21:11     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-06-04 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On 6/3/17, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
>> See ORG-NEWS, for release 9.0. It is easy to get rid of this warning.
>
> where does one make that change?  i don't know what a handler function
> is.  all i define is a capture template.
>
> does this mean org-capture extension [the one with the unicorn icon in
> firefox] needs to be changed?

Probably.

Regards,

* Re: Warning (emacs): Please update your Org Protocol handler to deal with new-style links.
@ 2017-06-04 21:55       ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2017-06-04 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 6/4/17, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
>> does this mean org-capture extension [the one with the unicorn icon in
>> firefox] needs to be changed?
>
> Probably.

thank you.  i don't mind the warnings, unless they mean that backward
compatibility will go away and then org-capture will break again for
me.  i have been enjoying its working very much.  [i rely on it as i
cannot use keyboard much of the time.[