emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* map function definitions to org src blocks?
@ 2018-11-08 22:27 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2018-11-08 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I feel like I saw someone do this but can't find it in my notes. When
tangling code to elisp, is it possible to point ~describe-function~ to the
original org-mode source (or at least the src block) as the "source code"
for the function, rather than the resultant .e file produced by
org-babel-tangle? Seems like this would make a whole lot of things
significantly easier when writing emacs inits, for instnace.

* Re: map function definitions to org src blocks?
@ 2018-11-08 23:02 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2018-11-08 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

I wrote something kind of like this at
https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/scimax-literate-programming.el

It might solve a different problem related to navigating code embedded in
org files.

I don't think it works on describe-function. That would be an interesting
addition perhaps. I guess though that describe-function would go to the
elisp code. I never figured out how to get links in the tangled code to
jump back to the org file though.

--
John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

* Re: map function definitions to org src blocks?
@ 2018-11-09  3:22   ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2018-11-09  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: Org Mode

THanks John. I guess I should always just start my search for "something
cool I saw" in scimax...

Yes, thisis pretty great. I havebeen using ~helpful~ which hasa nice
interface for some extra functions, but these functions do most of what I
felt was missing.

@ 2018-11-09 14:40     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2018-11-09 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: org-mode-email