emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* How to remove spaces for soft line-breaks
@ 2013-07-08  0:59 Yujie Wen
From: Yujie Wen @ 2013-07-08  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Hi, Experts there,

  I encountered with an i18n problem while I was writing some Chinese
documents in Org-mode.

  The problem is, when the documents is exported to HTML pages, there will
be a space for soft line-breaks, which is natural for English but redundant
for Chinese.

  Please see the attached pictures for what soft line-breaks and the
redundant spaces are.

  I am wondering whether there is a way to forbid such spaces, or if no
such a way, whether it is possible to work out a patch to forbid it.

Regards,
Yujie

[-- Attachment #2: emacs.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 35156 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: exported.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 76898 bytes --]

* Re: How to remove spaces for soft line-breaks
@ 2013-07-08  8:22 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-08  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yujie Wen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Hi Yujie,

Yujie Wen <yjwen.ty@gmail.com> writes:

> I am wondering whether there is a way to forbid such spaces, or if
> no such a way, whether it is possible to work out a patch to forbid
> it.

I would try M-x visual-line-mode RET and see if you like it.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: How to remove spaces for soft line-breaks
@ 2013-07-09  4:52   ` Christian Wittern
From: Christian Wittern @ 2013-07-09  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien, Yujie
On 2013-07-08 17:22, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Yujie,
>
> Yujie Wen <yjwen.ty@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am wondering whether there is a way to forbid such spaces, or if
>> no such a way, whether it is possible to work out a patch to forbid
>> it.
> I would try M-x visual-line-mode RET and see if you like it.
Well, this will not solve the problem for the OP, which occurs during export.

What has to be done, I think, is to remove the CR/LF characters for Chinese
(and Japanese, Korean etc.) text when exporting to HTML, because they will
otherwise show up in the displayed HTML as single space characters.
I guess, this requires either a derived custom export engine or a
internationalization framework that allows the specification of the text
language.

Christian

--
Christian Wittern, Kyoto

* Re: How to remove spaces for soft line-breaks
@ 2013-07-09  5:23     ` Yujie Wen
From: Yujie Wen @ 2013-07-09  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode