emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* HTML export -- footnote section -- blank lines between footnote number and footnote text
@ 2013-09-25 12:18 D. C. Toedt
From: D. C. Toedt @ 2013-09-25 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The footnote section in my HTML-export doc has the footnote number
separated from the footnote text by a blank line.  See
http://www.commondraft.org for the document.

Here's an example of what it looks like:

==BEGIN EXAMPLE==

[TEXT:]

The term "Agreement-Related"[9] refers to something – for example, a
dispute – that arises out of or relates to any of the following:
[remainder of section omitted]

[FOOTNOTES:]

[9]

Agreement-Related definition: This defined term is available for use
in, for example, attorneys' fees clauses, limitations of liability,
and the like.

==END EXAMPLE==

DETAILS:

Org version 8.2-4 (version 20130923) on Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

I upgraded to 8.2-4 by uninstalling and reinstalling Emacs after
encountering the ELPA bug (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-05/msg00176.html).

Relevant portion of my .emacs file:

 '(org-footnote-section nil)
 '(org-html-footnote-format "[%s]")

In the .org file itself:

#+STARTUP: nofnadjust indent showstars

QUESTION:

Is this a bug in the code, or a PICNIC problem
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_error)?

. C. Toedt III  (my last name is pronounced "Tate")
Attorney and arbitrator -- contracts and intellectual property

dc@toedt.com     LinkedIn: dctoedt    Calendar (redacted)
O: +1 (713) 364-6545    C: +1 (713) 516-8968

Houston, Texas (Central time zone)
log: On Contracts.com
Book project: Common Draft encyclopedic dictionary of contract clauses

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is not intended
to serve as an electronic signature nor as assent to an agreement.

* Re: HTML export -- footnote section -- blank lines between footnote number and footnote text
@ 2013-09-25 12:35 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-09-25 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: D. C. Toedt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

"D. C. Toedt" <dc@toedt.com> writes:

> The footnote section in my HTML-export doc has the footnote number
> separated from the footnote text by a blank line.  See
> http://www.commondraft.org for the document.

What did you expect instead of this rendering?

Did you try to adapt the CSS to get what you need?

 Bastien

* Re: HTML export -- footnote section -- blank lines between footnote number and footnote text
@ 2013-09-25 12:55   ` D. C. Toedt
From: D. C. Toedt @ 2013-09-25 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Bastien

I thought the footnotes would come out as follows, which I believe is
the way it did before I upgraded from org version 7.9.3 (I think it
was):

==BEGIN EXAMPLE==

[FOOTNOTES:]

[9]  Agreement-Related definition: This defined term is available for use
in, for example, attorneys' fees clauses, limitations of liability,
and the like.

==END EXAMPLE==

Here's the HTML generated by the exporter -- note that the footnote
number comes just before the <p> containing the text:

==BEGIN HTML==

href="#fnr.9">9</a>] <p class="footpara">
<b>Agreement-Related definition:</b>  This defined term is available
for use in, for example, attorneys' fees clauses, limitations of
liability, and the like.

==END HTML==