emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* ORG-NEWS entry about discontinuing use of s-exps in org-capture-templates?
@ 2016-11-04 15:21 Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-11-04 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hello,

As of this commit (
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=5485170263a46fa17db67b0324c4c4e48bcdfe49
), S-exps are no longer allowed in org-capture-templates.

Can this be added to ORG-NEWS?

I had stumbled across this when this commit was made back in June. Some
people are now starting to see this as stable is upgraded to 9.0 (
https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/5b3mtr/orgmode_capture_template_issue_after_updating_to/
 ).

As this seems to be a common feature that many seem to be using, it would
also help to provide an example in ORG-NEWS on how to fix this.

Thanks.
--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: ORG-NEWS entry about discontinuing use of s-exps in org-capture-templates?
@ 2016-11-04 16:45 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-11-04 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> As of this commit (
> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=5485170263a46fa17db67b0324c4c4e48bcdfe49
> ), S-exps are no longer allowed in org-capture-templates.
>
> Can this be added to ORG-NEWS?
>
> I had stumbled across this when this commit was made back in June. Some
> people are now starting to see this as stable is upgraded to 9.0 (
> https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/5b3mtr/orgmode_capture_template_issue_after_updating_to/
>  ).
>
> As this seems to be a common feature that many seem to be using, it would
> also help to provide an example in ORG-NEWS on how to fix this.

I reverted the commit in maint, and applied it again in master, with
a proper ORG-NEWS entry.

Thank you for the heads-up.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: ORG-NEWS entry about discontinuing use of s-exps in org-capture-templates?
@ 2016-11-04 17:09   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-11-04 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list