emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Tangling based on file level #+PROPERTY
@ 2017-10-07 11:08 Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2017-10-07 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hi Org List,

I just upgraded to 9.1.2.

I have a file with this at the top:

#+PROPERTY: header-args  :tangle filename

And a lot of SRC blocks with this header:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
#+END_SRC

In the past, when I tangled the file, I got ~100 blocks exported. Now I get
5, because only 5 have explicit ":tangle" arguments in the header.

I just checked the NEWS file and did not see mention of this change. Has
something changed with the header-arg properties? Babel?

Thanks,

   -k.

* Re: Tangling based on file level #+PROPERTY
@ 2017-10-07 13:44 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2017-10-07 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff, emacs-org list

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017, 7:10 AM Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Org List,
>
> I just upgraded to 9.1.2.

What version did you upgrade from?

I have a file with this at the top:

> #+PROPERTY: header-args  :tangle filename
>
> And a lot of SRC blocks with this header:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> #+END_SRC
>
> In the past, when I tangled the file, I got ~100 blocks exported. Now I
> get 5, because only 5 have explicit ":tangle" arguments in the header.
>
> I just checked the NEWS file and did not see mention of this change. Has
> something changed with the header-arg properties? Babel?

It impossible to tell what's wrong with just that information. Can you
share a minimum working example that demonstrates this? (something that
should probably tangle 3 files but is instead tangling just 1?)

My best guess is you have this style of  incompatible properties?

*** Old Babel header properties are no longer supported

Using header arguments as property names is no longer possible. As
such, the following

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
,* Headline
:PROPERTIES:
:exports: code
:var: a=1 b=2
:var+: c=3
:END:
#+END_EXAMPLE

should be written instead

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
,* Headline
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args: :exports code
:header-args+: :var a=1 b=2
:header-args+: :var c=3
:END:
#+END_EXAMPLE

Please note that, however, old properties were defined at the source
block definition. Current ones are defined where the block is called.

--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: Tangling based on file level #+PROPERTY
@ 2017-10-07 16:05   ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2017-10-07 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list