emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* use-package with ox-latex
@ 2016-12-27 13:01 Dushyant Juneja
From: Dushyant Juneja @ 2016-12-27 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hi all,

I was trying to wrap ox-latex in a use-package configuration. My
use-package statement is super simple:

(use-package ox-latex
:defer t)

However, emacs cribs on this at startup as follows:

package-compute-transaction: Package ‘ox-latex-’ is unavailable

Any ideas of what could be going wrong here? I have seen many people use
use-package for ox-latex, so I do not understand why this should happen now.

As an initial check, I did see that ox-latex is not available as a package
in package-list-packages output. It is available via find-library command
in my org-installation, though.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Dushyant

* Re: use-package with ox-latex
@ 2016-12-27 13:39 ` Stig Brautaset
From: Stig Brautaset @ 2016-12-27 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dushyant Juneja; +Cc: emacs-org list

Dushyant Juneja <juneja.dushyant@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to wrap ox-latex in a use-package configuration. My
> use-package statement is super simple:
>
> (use-package ox-latex
> :defer t)

ox-latex is part of org, which ships with Emacs. You should be able to
just use:

,----
| (require 'ox-latex)
`----

Alternatively:

,----
| (use-package org
|   :config
|   (require 'ox-latex))
`----

Finally, if you prefer org-plus-contrib you can do:

,----
| (use-package org
|   :ensure org-plus-contrib
|   :config