emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* export outside of emacs
@ 2019-07-28 10:27 Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2019-07-28 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hi all,
how can I run emacs to export org-mode files from outside of Emacs? I
would like to provide  a Makefile or a script to automatically build
PDFs (LaTeX and Beamer) out of my org file repository.

Thanks,
Luca

* Re: export outside of emacs
@ 2019-07-28 12:20 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2019-07-28 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019, 6:28 AM Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> how can I run emacs to export org-mode files from outside of Emacs?

You just run with --batch. That starts "emacs -Q" in batch mode. If you
need to load some elisp at that point to make your export work, you can
pack all that in an elisp file and pass that to the --eval switch. Finally
use -f switch to specify which function to run to do the export.

Here's one example[1] (look at the "emacs-batch" target in there.

I would like to provide  a Makefile or a script to automatically build
> PDFs (LaTeX and Beamer) out of my org file repository.

[1]: https://github.com/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/blob/master/Makefile

* Re: export outside of emacs
@ 2019-07-29  7:24   ` Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2019-07-29  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 2:21 PM Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's one example[1] (look at the "emacs-batch" target in there.

Great, this is a wonderful example to get started from!

Thanks,
Luca