emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Lists, exports to LaTeX and cr/lf
@ 2013-07-07 19:52 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-07-07 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I have a question regarding lists and Org-mode 8.0.2 (the version I
currently use).
It seems that if I export this :

- foo foo foo foo foo
bar bar bar bar
- foo foo foo foo foo
bar bar bar bar

Then I get 2 itemize environments because I broke the line after foo.
I don't remember that it was the case previously.
I would find it much more convenient if the end of the environment
was denoted by an empty line, ie:

- foo foo foo foo foo
bar bar bar bar

- foo foo foo foo foo
bar bar bar bar

Any comment about this or did I miss something already explained on the
list?

Thanks in advance,

--
Fabrice

* Re: Lists, exports to LaTeX and cr/lf
@ 2013-07-07 22:55 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-07-07 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Aloha Fabrice,

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding lists and Org-mode 8.0.2 (the version I
> currently use).
> It seems that if I export this :
>
> - foo foo foo foo foo
> bar bar bar bar
> - foo foo foo foo foo
> bar bar bar bar
>
> Then I get 2 itemize environments because I broke the line after foo.

The line break is not terminating the itemize environment by itself. It
is the lack of indentation on the "bar bar" lines that terminates the
itemize environments in this case.

The following should yield a single itemize environment when it is
exported:

- foo foo foo foo foo
  bar bar bar bar
- foo foo foo foo foo
  bar bar bar bar

> I don't remember that it was the case previously.
> I would find it much more convenient if the end of the environment
> was denoted by an empty line, ie:
>
> - foo foo foo foo foo
> bar bar bar bar
>
> - foo foo foo foo foo
> bar bar bar bar

The end of the environment can be denoted by two (or more) empty lines.
This way it is possible to have multi-paragraph (separated by single
empty lines) items in lists.

See section 2.7, Plain lists, in the Org-mode manual for a precise
description of list indentation and ending.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye