emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* plantuml export (unable to resolve link: nil)
@ 2016-12-30 13:42 Prabhakaran Kasinathan
From: Prabhakaran Kasinathan @ 2016-12-30 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

PlantUML src when exported to latex, has problems with link reference.

export in latex : C-x C-e l  l
Error: Unable to resolve link: nil
Fix: #+OPTION: broken-links:mark

Everything works very well with org 8.2.3. How to fix this problem in new
versions of ORG?

*Org src:*

#+OPTION: broken-links:mark

* TEST Figure
Figure [[fig:plantuml]].

#+BEGIN_SRC plantuml :file test.png
A -> B : request
B -> A : response
#+END_SRC

#+NAME: fig:plantuml
#+CAPTION: Plantuml Test Figure
#+RESULTS:

Output in ORG v 8.2.3

*Latex output:*

#+BEGIN_SRC latex
\section{TEST figure}
\label{sec-1}

Figure \ref{fig:plantuml}.

\begin{figure}[htb]
\centering
\includegraphics{test.png}
\caption{\label{fig:plantuml}Plantuml Test Figure}
\end{figure}
\end{document}
#+END_SRC

Output in ORG 9.0.3

*Latex output:*

#+BEGIN_SRC latex
\section{TEST figure}
\label{sec:org3dff397}

Figure [BROKEN LINK: nil].

\begin{center}
\includegraphics{test.png}
\end{center}
#+END_SRC

Thanks in advance.

* Re: plantuml export (unable to resolve link: nil)
@ 2016-12-30 14:26 ` Thibault Marin
From: Thibault Marin @ 2016-12-30 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prabhakaran Kasinathan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Prabhakaran Kasinathan <prabhakaran1989@gmail.com> writes:

> PlantUML src when exported to latex, has problems with link reference.
>
>     export in latex : C-x C-e l l
>     Error: Unable to resolve link: nil
>
>     Fix: #+OPTION: broken-links:mark
>
> Everything works very well with org 8.2.3. How to fix this problem in new
> versions of ORG?
>
> Org src:
>
> #+OPTION: broken-links:mark
>
> * TEST Figure
> Figure [[fig:plantuml]].
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC plantuml :file test.png
> A -> B : request
> B -> A : response
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+NAME: fig:plantuml
> #+CAPTION: Plantuml Test Figure
> #+RESULTS:
>
> Output in ORG v 8.2.3
>

>     Latex output:
>

>     #+BEGIN_SRC latex
>

>     \section{TEST figure}
>

>     \label{sec-1}
>

>     Figure \ref{fig:plantuml}.
>

>     \begin{figure}[htb]
>

>     \centering
>

>     \includegraphics{test.png}
>

>     \caption{\label{fig:plantuml}Plantuml Test Figure}
>

>     \end{figure}
>

>     \end{document}
>

>     #+END_SRC
>
> Output in ORG 9.0.3
>

>     Latex output:
>

>     #+BEGIN_SRC latex
>
>     \section{TEST figure}
>
>     \label{sec:org3dff397}
>

>     Figure [BROKEN LINK: nil].
>

>     \begin{center}
>
>     \includegraphics{test.png}
>
>     \end{center}
>
>     #+END_SRC
>

> Thanks in advance.

It works (for me) if I execute the source block before exporting, which
inserts a [[file:]] line (I also find it useful to name the source block
and the #+RESULTS line).  The information in (info "(org) Exporting code
blocks") may be of some help.

thibault

* Re: plantuml export (unable to resolve link: nil)
@ 2016-12-30 15:31 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-12-30 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prabhakaran Kasinathan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Prabhakaran Kasinathan <prabhakaran1989@gmail.com> writes:

> PlantUML src when exported to latex, has problems with link reference.
>
> export in latex : C-x C-e l  l
> Error: Unable to resolve link: nil
> Fix: #+OPTION: broken-links:mark
>

> Everything works very well with org 8.2.3. How to fix this problem in new
> versions of ORG?
>
> *Org src:*
>
> #+OPTION: broken-links:mark
>
> * TEST Figure Figure [[fig:plantuml]].
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC plantuml :file test.png
> A -> B : request
> B -> A : response
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+NAME: fig:plantuml
> #+CAPTION: Plantuml Test Figure
>
> #+RESULTS:

You should try "M-x org-lint" on this document. Basically, you are using
affiliated keywords (name, caption, results) that apply to nothing.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: plantuml export (unable to resolve link: nil)
@ 2016-12-30 15:36   ` Prabhakaran Kasinathan
From: Prabhakaran Kasinathan @ 2016-12-30 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou, Thibault Marin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode