emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [Bug] Some parentheses are not visible in the html export but are present
@ 2023-09-06 15:25 Niall Dooley
From: Niall Dooley @ 2023-09-06 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Some parentheses are not visible in the html export but are present.  This
was not always the case with the provided example.

--- Begin Example ---
* islower()
** Front
*String method* that returns =True= if the string is a lowercase string, =False=
 otherwise.
** Back
*String method:* islower(self, /) -> bool
** Usage
#+name: str.islower()
#+begin_src python
<astring>.islower()
#+end_src
** Remarks
A string is lowercase if all /cased/ characters in the string are lowercase and
there is at least one cased character in the string.
--- End Example

The parentheses under the Back subheading are displayed in the export.
However, the parentheses within the src block under the Usage headline are not
visible but are nonetheless present.  This can be seen by highlighting the
region in the exported html file.  If I add some text within these parentheses
the text is visible on export but the parentheses are still not.

Org mode version 9.7-pre (release_9.6.8-740-gdeb5ea @
/home/doolio/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)
GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24,
cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-02-23, modified by Debian

* Re: [Bug] Some parentheses are not visible in the html export but are present
@ 2023-09-07 10:08 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-09-07 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Niall Dooley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Niall Dooley <dooleyn@gmail.com> writes:

> Some parentheses are not visible in the html export but are present.  This
> was not always the case with the provided example.
>
> --- Begin Example ---
> The parentheses under the Back subheading are displayed in the export.
> However, the parentheses within the src block under the Usage headline are not
> visible but are nonetheless present.  This can be seen by highlighting the
> region in the exported html file.  If I add some text within these parentheses
> the text is visible on export but the parentheses are still not.

I am unable to reproduce. May you please provide a more detailed recipe
starting from emacs -Q? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: [Bug] Some parentheses are not visible in the html export but are present
@ 2023-09-07 15:21   ` Niall Dooley
From: Niall Dooley @ 2023-09-07 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 7 Sept 2023 at 12:07, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
> I am unable to reproduce. May you please provide a more detailed recipe
> starting from emacs -Q? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

With your suggestion it no longer occurs.  Off to bisect my init.el.  Sorry for
the noise.