emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* How define a hook function for `org-babel-post-tangle-hook' for a single file?
@ 2016-01-03 16:45 Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2016-01-03 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Good morning,

* Desire

- I've got a file X
- I've got a hook function H
  - It does post-processing, copying the tangled results to different
directories
- I want to defined H in X
- I want H to be evaluated and run when X is tangled

* Research

- Emacs 25, Org Git current
- org-babel-post-tangle-hook
- File local variables and eval

* Question

What is the best way to do something like this?

Sincerely,

Grant Rettke

* Re: How define a hook function for `org-babel-post-tangle-hook' for a single file?
@ 2016-01-03 19:08 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2016-01-03 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

It sounds a little circular.

This org-file adds a hook function when loaded. Maybe you can adapt
something like this? ymmv...

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle my-local-hook.el
(+ 9 9)
#+END_SRC

* hook function

#+name: my-hook-function
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun my-special-hook () (message-box "tangled from org"))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS: my-hook-function
: my-special-hook

# Local Variables:
# eval: (progn (re-search-forward "my-hook-function") (org-babel-execute-src-block) (add-hook 'org-babel-post-tangle-hook 'my-special-hook))
# End:

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: How define a hook function for `org-babel-post-tangle-hook' for a single file?
@ 2016-01-06 23:42   ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2016-01-06 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 1:08 PM, John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> It sounds a little circular.

Just a little.

> This org-file adds a hook function when loaded. Maybe you can adapt
> something like this? ymmv...

Thank you!