emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* OrgMode Agenda empty if one of files is missing from the org-agenda-files
@ 2023-12-03 19:48 Ali M.
From: Ali M. @ 2023-12-03 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi ,
This is a repost, the first i sent this to the mailing list i
wasnt subscribed so it is pending review, but it's been almost a week, so i
sending this again after i subscribed

If a file added on my agenda list is deleted, Org Mode Agenda list comes
back empty

For example, my org agenda has two files
 '(org-agenda-files
   '("c:/dev/projects/one/one.org"  "c:/dev/projects/two/two.org"  ))

Now I deleted folder two , so the folder  c:/dev/projects/two/ and its
content is also deleted

Now when I try C-ca and select any of the option to list my scheduled todos
I get an empty *Org Agenda* buffer

Removing the deleted folder from my org-agenda-files, fixes the issue

I think the Agenda buffer should still show me the todo items from the
available files, and maybe just warn me about the delete file, or at least
show nothing, but warn me about the issue

Thanks
Ali

* Re: OrgMode Agenda empty if one of files is missing from the org-agenda-files
@ 2023-12-04 15:09 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-12-04 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Ali M." <tclwarrior@gmail.com> writes:

> If a file added on my agenda list is deleted, Org Mode Agenda list comes
> back empty
>
> For example, my org agenda has two files
>  '(org-agenda-files
>    '("c:/dev/projects/one/one.org"  "c:/dev/projects/two/two.org"  ))
>
> Now I deleted folder two , so the folder  c:/dev/projects/two/ and its
> content is also deleted
>
> Now when I try C-ca and select any of the option to list my scheduled todos
> I get an empty *Org Agenda* buffer

This is not what I am seeing on my side.
For me, agenda displays a message:

Non-existent agenda file /tmp/two/two.org.  [R]emove from list or [A]bort?

If I press "r", the agenda is displayed with the existing file.
If I press "a", agenda generation is aborted.

> I think the Agenda buffer should still show me the todo items from the
> available files, and maybe just warn me about the delete file, or at least
> show nothing, but warn me about the issue

I suspect that you accidentally pressed "a" extra time, which happened
to trigger "[A]bort".

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: OrgMode Agenda empty if one of files is missing from the org-agenda-files
@ 2023-12-05  1:42   ` Ali M.
From: Ali M. @ 2023-12-05  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode