emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Wrong type argument on latex/pdf export after git pull (9.0.2-136)
@ 2016-12-22 16:29 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2016-12-22 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings,

I'm finishing up a 30 page end of year work report and perhaps
stupidly decided I'd git pull on my various emacs packages last night.
I went to work on it today and I'm getting the following error:

C-c C-e l p
shell-quote-argument: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

I fiddled with tagging various headlines in my real report with
:noexport: with no success in finding something in the file causing
this. I then made a simple test file and min config which also creates
the behavior (emacs -Q, M-x load min-config):

#+begin_src min-config
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org/contrib/lisp")

(require 'ox-latex)
#+end_src

#+begin_src org
* heading 1

blah blah blah
#+end_src

M-x org-version
Org mode version 9.0.2 (release_9.0.2-136-g7fd61c @
/home/jwhendy/.elisp/org/lisp/)

Is there a way to debug further?

Thanks!
John

P.S. When I pulled last night using =git pull= I got a message back
that I wasn't on a specified branch, and listed 5 if I recall. I have
never gotten this before and just did =git pull origin master=
afterward successfully. Could I be on the incorrect branch?

* Re: Wrong type argument on latex/pdf export after git pull (9.0.2-136)
@ 2016-12-22 16:34 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2016-12-22 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd been looking into debugging in a separate tab, got distracted, and
sent this after forgetting I was going to do that. My apologies for
the second email... I followed the feedback instructions and got this
output:[1]

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil)
  replace-regexp-in-string("[^-0-9a-zA-Z_./\n]" "\\\\\\&" nil)
  shell-quote-argument(nil)
  org-compile-file("test.tex" ("%L -interaction nonstopmode
-output-directory %o %f" "%L -interaction nonstopmode
-output-directory %o %f" "%L -interaction nonstopmode
-output-directory %o %f") "pdf" "See \"*Org PDF LaTeX Output*\" for
details" #<buffer *Org PDF LaTeX Output*> ((66 . "bibtex") (76 .
"pdflatex")))
  org-latex-compile("test.tex")
  #[257 "\300 !\207" [org-latex-compile] 3 "\n\n(fn FILE)"]("test.tex")
  org-export-to-file(latex "test.tex" nil nil nil nil nil #[257
"\300 !\207" [org-latex-compile] 3 "\n\n(fn FILE)"])
  org-latex-export-to-pdf(nil nil nil nil)
  org-export-dispatch(nil)
  funcall-interactively(org-export-dispatch nil)
  call-interactively(org-export-dispatch nil nil)
  command-execute(org-export-dispatch)

Thanks for any suggestions,
John

[1] "Activate debugging" chunk added to top of min-config file already shared.
- http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html

@ 2016-12-22 16:52 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2016-12-22 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 10:29 AM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> I'm finishing up a 30 page end of year work report and perhaps
> stupidly decided I'd git pull on my various emacs packages last night.
> I went to work on it today and I'm getting the following error:
>
> C-c C-e l p
> shell-quote-argument: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

I'd done =git pull origin master= last night and tried using a branch
specifically just now, which appears to have resolved the issue.

$ git checkout master
$ git pull

I just pulled around 10p last night and after doing the checkout step
was told I was something like 711 commits behind master! I'm not sure
what the other method of pulling did, but it appears it wasn't correct
and perhaps didn't update everything? In any case, I can successfully
export now. Sorry for the noise. I have another thread specifically
about git settings, so perhaps that was the issue and can be corrected
for the list's sake separately.

John