emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Filtering entries of a journal file with its datestamp
@ 2010-04-16  5:28 Miguel Ruiz
From: Miguel Ruiz @ 2010-04-16  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

I have a simple journal .org file like this:

------Begin file---------------
* <2010-04-16 fri>
Subject 1
Subject 2
Subject 1
Subject 40

* <2010-04-17 sat>
Subject 2
Subject 3
Subject 1
Subject 40
------End file------------------

Every subject is only one line.

I would like to print the journal but including only the lines with a specific content, determined by a search, like the following

-----Buffer to print---------
* <2010-04-16 fri>
Subject 1
Subject 1

* <2010-04-17 sat>
Subject 1
------------------------------

------Another buffer to print-
* <2010-04-16 fri>
Subject 40

* <2010-04-17 sat>
Subject 40

I have tried org-occur, but only marks the searched string; I also have tried occur but generate a list without the dates, and cannot be printed.

I would appreciate any hint.

Miguel Ruiz
Sevilla, Spain.

* RE: Filtering entries of a journal file with its datestamp
@ 2010-04-16 20:52 ` Vincent Belaïche
From: Vincent Belaïche @ 2010-04-16 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rbenit68, emacs-orgmode