emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* A "wouldn't it be cool" feature: statistics report
@ 2007-10-27  6:08 John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2007-10-27  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

After three months of using org-mode, I can happily say that there are
now over 500 resolved items in my archive.

It would very cool if there were an org-statistics command to show me:

  Breakdown of resolution types
  Average length of time between entry and completion
  Breakdown of resolved tasks by category
  etc.

Not a necessary feature by any means, but it would be flashy.. ;)

John

* Re: A "wouldn't it be cool" feature: statistics report
@ 2007-10-28 20:15 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-28 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Wiegley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On  27Oct2007, at 8:08 AM, John Wiegley wrote:

> After three months of using org-mode, I can happily say that there are
> now over 500 resolved items in my archive.
>
> It would very cool if there were an org-statistics command to show me:
>
>   Breakdown of resolution types
>   Average length of time between entry and completion
>   Breakdown of resolved tasks by category
>   etc.
>
> Not a necessary feature by any means, but it would be flashy.. ;)

I guess it would be relatively easy to write a dynamic block for this.
The reason why I don't see an easy way yet to integrate it into org
core is the same why so far I have refrained from putting in your
automatic
archiver:  Both depend on a particular definition of task/project and
how they are recognized.  If would not work (for example) for GTD
people who make a task active by assigning a context, for example.

- Carsten