emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* XEmacs + XP - reasonable make * org-mode = ?
@ 2007-11-29 17:09 Michael Wilson
       [not found] ` <3d6808890711290917j605e2dd3y10ae7244d39429e6@mail.gmail.com>
From: Michael Wilson @ 2007-11-29 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Good afternoon,

Is there a manual install procedure I can use to get org-mode up and running
on xemacs on win xp?  I've tried byte-compiling things and dropping them in
my load path (with the couple additional files in .\xemacs\), adding the
requisite few lines in .emacs (a couple key hooks, ".org" mapping, (require
org-install) etc.)

And when I try to M-x org-mode on an empty "stuff.org" file I get:

                  "Wrong number of arguments: #<subr make-char-table>,2"

which is where I get stuck.  Is the makefile doing anything more exotic than
byte compiling and moving the elisp files?

TIA,

- M

* Re: XEmacs + XP - reasonable make * org-mode = ?
@ 2007-11-29 17:26 ` Carsten Dominik
       [not found] ` <3d6808890711290917j605e2dd3y10ae7244d39429e6@mail.gmail.com>
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-11-29 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Wilson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 29, 2007 6:09 PM, Michael Wilson <madwilliamflint@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> Is there a manual install procedure I can use to get org-mode up and
> running on xemacs on win xp?  I've tried byte-compiling things and dropping
> them in my load path (with the couple additional files in .\xemacs\), adding
> the requisite few lines in .emacs (a couple key hooks, ".org" mapping,
> (require org-install) etc.)
>
> And when I try to M-x org-mode on an empty "stuff.org" file I get:
>
>                   "Wrong number of arguments: #<subr make-char-table>,2"
>
> which is where I get stuck.  Is the makefile doing anything more exotic
> than byte compiling and moving the elisp files?

Org-mode does not use make-char-table, so this is coming from some other
XEmacs library.
Maybe you can produce a backtrace so that we can find this...

- Carsten

       [not found]   ` <94cc09c70711290920w659f676xe1656a4bd980500c@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2007-11-29 18:37     ` Michael Wilson
From: Michael Wilson @ 2007-11-29 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)