emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Can I export TODO flags in table of contents?
@ 2009-12-31  3:17 Water Lin
From: Water Lin @ 2009-12-31  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I marked my notes and tasks with TODO flags and I also want to see these
TODO flags in table of contents. So I can jump and explore to unfinished
task quickly.

By doing this, I can give myself a quickly summary of my tasks.

Can I do it?

Thanks

Water Lin

--
Water Lin's notes and pencils: http://en.waterlin.org
Email: WaterLin@ymail.com

* Re: Can I export TODO flags in table of contents?
@ 2009-12-31  7:37 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-12-31  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Water Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Water,

On Dec 31, 2009, at 4:17 AM, Water Lin wrote:

> I marked my notes and tasks with TODO flags and I also want to see
> these
> TODO flags in table of contents. So I can jump and explore to
> unfinished
> task quickly.
>
> By doing this, I can give myself a quickly summary of my tasks.
>
> Can I do it?

I guess you are talking about export?

You can try

(setq org-export-mark-todo-in-toc t)

This will not show TODO keywords in the table of contents, but it will
highlight headlines under which there are unfinished TODO entries.

HTH

- Carsten

> Thanks
>
> Water Lin
>
> --
> Water Lin's notes and pencils: http://en.waterlin.org
> Email: WaterLin@ymail.com

- Carsten

* Re: Can I export TODO flags in table of contents?
@ 2010-01-04  3:33   ` Water Lin
From: Water Lin @ 2010-01-04  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Hi Water,
>
> On Dec 31, 2009, at 4:17 AM, Water Lin wrote:
>

>> I marked my notes and tasks with TODO flags and I also want to see
>> these
>> TODO flags in table of contents. So I can jump and explore to
>> unfinished
>> task quickly.
>>
>> By doing this, I can give myself a quickly summary of my tasks.
>>
>> Can I do it?
>
> I guess you are talking about export?
>
> You can try
>
> (setq org-export-mark-todo-in-toc t)

Yes, I mean export project. But I have some projects and I dont' want
set this setting for all projects.

Can I just set this method for specific project?

Thanks

Water Lin

--

@ 2010-01-04 12:25     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-04 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Water Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 4, 2010, at 4:33 AM, Water Lin wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Water,
>>
>> On Dec 31, 2009, at 4:17 AM, Water Lin wrote:
>>

>>> I marked my notes and tasks with TODO flags and I also want to see
>>> these
>>> TODO flags in table of contents. So I can jump and explore to
>>> unfinished
>>> task quickly.
>>>
>>> By doing this, I can give myself a quickly summary of my tasks.
>>>
>>> Can I do it?
>>
>> I guess you are talking about export?
>>
>> You can try
>>
>> (setq org-export-mark-todo-in-toc t)
>
> Yes, I mean export project. But I have some projects and I dont' want
> set this setting for all projects.
>
> Can I just set this method for specific project?

Look for "#+BIND" in the manual.

HTH

- Carsten

> Thanks
>
> Water Lin
>

>> This will not show TODO keywords in the table of contents, but it
>> will
>> highlight headlines under which there are unfinished TODO entries.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Water Lin
>>>
>>> --
>>> Water Lin's notes and pencils: http://en.waterlin.org
>>> Email: WaterLin@ymail.com
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

> --
> Water Lin's notes and pencils: http://en.waterlin.org
> Email: WaterLin@ymail.com

- Carsten

* Re: Can I export TODO flags in table of contents?
@ 2010-01-05  3:11       ` Water Lin
From: Water Lin @ 2010-01-05  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Jan 4, 2010, at 4:33 AM, Water Lin wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Water,

>>> I guess you are talking about export?
>>>
>>> You can try
>>>
>>> (setq org-export-mark-todo-in-toc t)
>>
>> Yes, I mean export project. But I have some projects and I dont' want
>> set this setting for all projects.
>>
>> Can I just set this method for specific project?
>
> Look for "#+BIND" in the manual.

Thanks. It works fine.

Water Lin