emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* html publish/export
@ 2008-07-14 16:18 Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-07-14 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Is it possible for the publish functions to work without actually
opening published files into buffers? I get a lot of buffers opening and
closing and often disappearing altogether (ie closed) after a publish -
even though I was in that file and editing it before I published. In
addition, opening the files into "visible" buffers triggers mode
specifics to kick in like nxhtml mode which significantly increases the
publish time. Is it necessary?

Thanks.

r.

* Re: html publish/export
@ 2008-07-14 18:34 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-14 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: org-mode

On Jul 14, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Richard G Riley wrote:

> Is it possible for the publish functions to work without actually
> opening published files into buffers? I get a lot of buffers opening
> and
> closing and often disappearing altogether (ie closed) after a
> publish -
> even though I was in that file and editing it before I published. In
> addition, opening the files into "visible" buffers triggers mode
> specifics to kick in like nxhtml mode which significantly increases
> the
> publish time. Is it necessary?

Hi Richard,

I don't the why you'd want to hand-edit a file that is automatically
created
by the publishing process, so I don't really understand that part.

I guess we could avoid setting nxhtml mode for the created files and
remove the buffers when publishing.

- Carsten

* Re: html publish/export
@ 2008-07-14 22:43   ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-07-14 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode, Richard G Riley

Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> writes:

> On Jul 14, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Richard G Riley wrote:
>

>> Is it possible for the publish functions to work without actually
>> opening published files into buffers? I get a lot of buffers opening
>> and
>> closing and often disappearing altogether (ie closed) after a
>> publish -
>> even though I was in that file and editing it before I published. In
>> addition, opening the files into "visible" buffers triggers mode
>> specifics to kick in like nxhtml mode which significantly increases
>> the
>> publish time. Is it necessary?
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> I don't the why you'd want to hand-edit a file that is automatically
> created
> by the publishing process, so I don't really understand that part.

I meant it opens the other project org files as buffers. In addition, I
guess it creates temporary "real buffers" for its exported html files -
it is these that trigger the nxhtml load etc.

Frequently the org file I was editing when I publish is closed by the
publish functions.

> I guess we could avoid setting nxhtml mode for the created files and
> remove the buffers when publishing.
>
> - Carsten

* Re: html publish/export
@ 2008-07-14 22:51     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-14 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: org-mode

On Jul 14, 2008, at 3:43 PM, Richard G Riley wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> writes:
>
>> On Jul 14, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Richard G Riley wrote:
>>

>>> Is it possible for the publish functions to work without actually
>>> opening published files into buffers? I get a lot of buffers opening
>>> and
>>> closing and often disappearing altogether (ie closed) after a
>>> publish -
>>> even though I was in that file and editing it before I published. In
>>> addition, opening the files into "visible" buffers triggers mode
>>> specifics to kick in like nxhtml mode which significantly increases
>>> the
>>> publish time. Is it necessary?
>>
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> I don't the why you'd want to hand-edit a file that is automatically
>> created
>> by the publishing process, so I don't really understand that part.
>
> I meant it opens the other project org files as buffers. In
> addition, I
> guess it creates temporary "real buffers" for its exported html
> files -
> it is these that trigger the nxhtml load etc.

Yes, I understand this part.  And will try to fix it.

> Frequently the org file I was editing when I publish is closed by the
> publish functions.

Ah, you are talking about the or files.  OK, this clearly is a bug.
Thanks.

- Carsten