emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: Aaron Ecay <aaronecay@gmail.com>
To: Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Errors get suppressed by org-babel-execute-src-block
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:31:27 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Nick,

2016ko otsailak 11an, Nick Dokos-ek idatzi zuen:

> Not sure if there are tests for remote babel execution,

AFAIK no.  It would be useful to have these.  All the machines I use run
Linux and are configured very similarly.  Many of the problems in remote
execution come from differences in environments.  So it would be good if
someone could figure out how to test common configurations.  Until that
happens, we have to rely on ad hoc testing or user reports.

> but if not, please make sure to test that (with :dir set to some
> directory on a different machine). Michael Albinus had done some work
> to get that working a few years ago:

AFAICS my patch does not affect the work Michael did.  I will test some
simple remote execution scenarios before I push the patch, just in case.

> BTW, I tried to test, but applying the patch to current master
> (8eff64cffee8627578edc33de485201ae579fafe) fails:

Nicolas pushed some big changes to babel just after I sent my patch.
(Big in terms of the diff to the code, not necessarily in terms of
changing user behavior).  I haven’t looked in detail, but it’s almost
guaranteed that the patch now needs to be rebased, which I’ll do as
soon as I can.

--
Aaron Ecay