emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [ANN] ob-applescript
@ 2016-09-16  9:36 Stig Brautaset
From: Stig Brautaset @ 2016-09-16  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've just made `ob-applescript', a backend to execute AppleScript from
Org Babel source code blocks available on Melpa. It's my first attempt
at making a babel backend, so any comments and criticism welcome. Here
are some things it does support though:

- No arguments, no code – just return a string.

    #+BEGIN_SRC applescript
      "Hello World"
    #+END_SRC

    #+RESULTS:
    : Hello World

- You can pass variable to a block:

    #+BEGIN_SRC applescript :var subject="World"
      "Hello " & subject
    #+END_SRC

    #+RESULTS:
    : Hello World

- You can use either apples or applescript as the language designation,
  to cater for two competing major modes. This example also shows you
  can do interactive stuff.

    #+BEGIN_SRC apples
    display alert "Danger! The WHAM is overheating!"
    #+END_SRC

    #+RESULTS:
    : button returned:OK

- If the result of the evaluation looks like a table, it’ll become a table:

    #+BEGIN_SRC apples
    "fi fo
    1 2
    3 4"
    #+END_SRC

    #+RESULTS:
    | fi | fo |
    |  1 |  2 |
    |  3 |  4 |

Hope this is useful to someone!

Stig

* Re: [ANN] ob-applescript
@ 2016-09-16 16:00 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-09-16 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Stig Brautaset <stig@brautaset.org> writes:

> I've just made `ob-applescript', a backend to execute AppleScript from
> Org Babel source code blocks available on Melpa. It's my first attempt
> at making a babel backend, so any comments and criticism welcome. Here
> are some things it does support though:

Where can one get it?

--
Nick

* Re: [ANN] ob-applescript
@ 2016-09-16 16:01 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-09-16 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Stig Brautaset <stig@brautaset.org> writes:

> I've just made `ob-applescript', a backend to execute AppleScript from
> Org Babel source code blocks available on Melpa.

Disregard my previous question: haven't had my coffee yet.

--
Nick