emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Putting in bold some letters of a word
@ 2010-01-17 23:05 Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-01-17 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi all,

I'm trying to Orgify a Word document of my beloved, whose writing a manual for
learning Spanish. In the first chapter (the one I'm converting), there are
some groups of letters that have to be in bold or underlined.

I've tried the following:

     Es *A*\~lfonso.
     Es *B*\,enito.
     Es *C*\{\}armen.
     Es *C*hago.

But this gives:

     Es \textbf{A}\~lfonso.
     Es \textbf{B}\,enito.
     Es \textbf{C}\{\}armen.
     Es *C*hago.

Which is not that good.

I guess it's possible to change some variable in order to let Org recognize
the bold parametrization. Can one give me a hint on this?  Is it bad doing so?

If yes, I guess I can BIND the var just to do that in *that* document?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Putting in bold some letters of a word
@ 2010-01-18  0:30 ` Jan Böcker
From: Jan Böcker @ 2010-01-18  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 18.01.2010 00:05, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> I've tried the following:

>      Es *A*\~lfonso.
>      Es *B*\,enito.
>      Es *C*\{\}armen.
>      Es *C*hago.
> [snip]
>
> I guess it's possible to change some variable in order to let Org recognize
> the bold parametrization.

Play around with the variable org-emphasis-regex-components.
For example, try changing "Allowed chars in post" from "- 	.,:!?;'\")}\\"
to "a-z- 	.,:!?;'\")}\\".

If you want to know the regex Org constructs from this variable and
org-emphasis-alist:

M-: org-emph-re RET

> Is it bad doing so?

I don't know, but I guess if there is a customization option, it is
intended to be customizable :)

> If yes, I guess I can BIND the var just to do that in *that* document?

There seems to be a general feature of Emacs that lets you do that:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Specifying-File-Variables.html

HTH, Jan

* Re: Putting in bold some letters of a word
@ 2010-01-18  7:30 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-18  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 18, 2010, at 12:05 AM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to Orgify a Word document of my beloved, whose writing a
> manual for
> learning Spanish. In the first chapter (the one I'm converting),
> there are
> some groups of letters that have to be in bold or underlined.
>
> I've tried the following:

>     Es *A*\~lfonso.
>     Es *B*\,enito.
>     Es *C*\{\}armen.
>     Es *C*hago.
>
> But this gives:

>     Es \textbf{A}\~lfonso.
>     Es \textbf{B}\,enito.
>     Es \textbf{C}\{\}armen.
>     Es *C*hago.
>
> Which is not that good.

If LaTeX is the only tqarget you have, writing directly

     Es \textbf{A}lfonso.
     Es \textbf{B}enito.
     Es \textbf{C}armen.
     Es \textbf{C}hago.

is you best bet.

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: Putting in bold some letters of a word
@ 2010-01-18  9:00   ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-01-18  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Carsten en Jan,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2010, at 12:05 AM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to Orgify a Word document of my beloved, whose writing a manual
>> for learning Spanish. In the first chapter (the one I'm converting), there
>> are some groups of letters that have to be in bold or underlined.
>>
>> I've tried the following:

>>     Es *A*\~lfonso.
>>     Es *B*\,enito.
>>     Es *C*\{\}armen.
>>     Es *C*hago.
>
> If LaTeX is the only tqarget you have, writing directly
>
>     Es \textbf{A}lfonso.
>     Es \textbf{B}enito.
>     Es \textbf{C}armen.
>     Es \textbf{C}hago.
>
> is you best bet.

I guess I'll do so, then. Playing with the regexp seems quite error-prone
for/to me...

Best regards,
  Seb

--