emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* TODO items which do not appear in the agenda?
@ 2015-10-30  6:07 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-10-30  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I would like to have some TODO items, so that I can mark some tasks as
incomplete; however, I don't want them to appear in the agenda, so that
it's not too cluttered.  Use case:

* Blog
** DONE Blog post idea 1
** TODO Blog post idea 2

I know about (setq org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels nil).  However,
marking the whole "Blog" headline as DONE only so that I don't see the
individual post ideas in my agenda seems hackish.

I also know that I could define my own TODO items and use filtering
(maybe even with a custom agenda command).  Maybe this is the way to go,
but somehow I'd prefer a simple set of TODO keywords
(TODO/DONE/CANCELED, for instance).

So, does the Org hive mind have any other ideas how to implement "TODO
items which do not appear in the agenda"?

TIA

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: TODO items which do not appear in the agenda?
@ 2015-10-30 14:38 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-10-30 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to have some TODO items, so that I can mark some tasks as
> incomplete; however, I don't want them to appear in the agenda, so that
> it's not too cluttered.  Use case:
>
> * Blog
> ** DONE Blog post idea 1
> ** TODO Blog post idea 2
>
> I know about (setq org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels nil).  However,
> marking the whole "Blog" headline as DONE only so that I don't see the
> individual post ideas in my agenda seems hackish.
>
> I also know that I could define my own TODO items and use filtering
> (maybe even with a custom agenda command).  Maybe this is the way to go,
> but somehow I'd prefer a simple set of TODO keywords
> (TODO/DONE/CANCELED, for instance).
>
> So, does the Org hive mind have any other ideas how to implement "TODO
> items which do not appear in the agenda"?

Don't schedule them?

--
Nick

* Re: TODO items which do not appear in the agenda?
@ 2015-10-30 14:42 ` Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2015-10-30 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm a little confused; for me, by default, TODO items do NOT
appear in the agenda. They only appear if connected to a deadline,
date, or schedule item. I have files of hundreds of TODO items
that don't appear in agenda unless I give them a date. I think
this is the default behavior.

@ 2015-10-30 15:54   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-10-30 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-10-30, at 15:42, Tory S. Anderson <torys.anderson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a little confused; for me, by default, TODO items do NOT
> appear in the agenda. They only appear if connected to a deadline,
> date, or schedule item. I have files of hundreds of TODO items
> that don't appear in agenda unless I give them a date. I think
> this is the default behavior.

No wonder you are confused, I meant the global TODO list, not the
agenda.  Sorry.

Best,

--

@ 2015-10-30 15:55   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-10-30 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2015-10-30, at 15:38, Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't schedule them?

Well, as I wrote a moment ago, I meant the global TODO list, not the
agenda.  Sorry for the confusion.

Best,