emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Doubt about error messages
@ 2023-07-17 18:24 Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2023-07-17 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hi

Frequently I receive this kind of messages:

"

Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser error in
3-recursos.org::1868222. Resetting.
  The error was: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
  Backtrace:
nil
  Please report this to Org mode mailing list (M-x
org-submit-bug-report). Disable showing Disable logging
"

Should I report it in some way? Or as it didn't happen with emacs-q and
as I don't know how to reproduce it, I shouldn't bother?

Best regards

* Re: Doubt about error messages
@ 2023-07-17 18:38 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-07-17 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: Org-mode

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser error in
> 3-recursos.org::1868222. Resetting.
> Should I report it in some way? Or as it didn't happen with emacs-q and
> as I don't know how to reproduce it, I shouldn't bother?

Thanks for reporting!
Yes, the message is asking to report this for a reason - it is one of
the asynchronous parts of Org that is notoriously difficult to debug.
And we need some help from users.

May you please set org-element--cache-self-verify to 'backtrace in your
config and report the very long backtrace that will appear in the
warnings buffer next time you see the error?

(You may consider sending the backtrace privately or cleaning it up, as
it may contain parts of your Org buffer, like heading titles)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,