emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Toggle a repeating task in DONE state
@ 2010-06-04  5:43 Tom
From: Tom @ 2010-06-04  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When in the agenda I sometimes accidentaly press 't' again on a
repeating task which is already in DONE state. This makes the
task to skip yet another repetition and set the date to the next
available date.

Is this 'feature' actually useful? It makes sense for a
non-repeated task, because there I can use it to switch the task
back to TODO state, but is there a use case for repeated tasks?

Shouldn't org prevent accidental toggling of the task in this
case if it notices it's a repeated task with DONE state visible
in the agenda?

* Re: Toggle a repeating task in DONE state
@ 2010-06-04 11:59 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-06-04 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Tom <levelhalom@gmail.com> writes:

> When in the agenda I sometimes accidentaly press 't' again on a
> repeating task which is already in DONE state. This makes the
> task to skip yet another repetition and set the date to the next
> available date.
>
> Is this 'feature' actually useful? It makes sense for a
> non-repeated task, because there I can use it to switch the task
> back to TODO state, but is there a use case for repeated tasks?
>
> Shouldn't org prevent accidental toggling of the task in this
> case if it notices it's a repeated task with DONE state visible
> in the agenda?

I use (setq org-use-fast-todo-selection t) to make these kinds of
changes a two-key change.  t to change todo state and another key to
select which state I want.  I can hit C-g to abort after pressing t and
it leaves the task untouched.

HTH,
Bernt