emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Org file to generate both beamer and standard LaTeX file
@ 2013-07-03 21:32 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-07-03 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been an newbie org user for a while now: in particular, I've never
played with export much and all my LaTeX work as been done with AucTeX
in a .tex file. I'm considering switching to an Org-based setup if I
could get the following, mainly for courses I'm preparing for which I
would need beamer / handouts / normal LaTeX / maybe odt export

* sectioning (\section et al commands in LaTeX) done with first and
  second/third level heading, common to all exporters

* some common LaTeX code for all exports (definitions/theorems)

* manual specification of individual frames for the Beamer export. I
  guess I would need LaTeX blocks for that, would AucTeX be available in
  the edit buffer ?

* manual LaTeX code for normal LaTeX

* some python/pgfplots/tikz source blocks generating images, used in the
  different export modes.

Can it be done ? Even better, did one of you already implemented
something similar ?

Julien.

* Re: Org file to generate both beamer and standard LaTeX file
@ 2013-07-03 22:22 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-07-03 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 11:32:15PM +0200, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> I've been an newbie org user for a while now: in particular, I've never
> played with export much and all my LaTeX work as been done with AucTeX
> in a .tex file. I'm considering switching to an Org-based setup if I
> could get the following, mainly for courses I'm preparing for which I
> would need beamer / handouts / normal LaTeX / maybe odt export
>
> * sectioning (\section et al commands in LaTeX) done with first and
>   second/third level heading, common to all exporters
>
> * some common LaTeX code for all exports (definitions/theorems)
>
> * manual specification of individual frames for the Beamer export. I
>   guess I would need LaTeX blocks for that, would AucTeX be available in
>   the edit buffer ?
>
> * manual LaTeX code for normal LaTeX
>
> * some python/pgfplots/tikz source blocks generating images, used in the
>   different export modes.
>
> Can it be done ? Even better, did one of you already implemented
> something similar ?

All of what you list above is supported.  You just need to learn the
syntax.  To get started please look at the ox-beamer tutorial on Worg.
It is a little outdated by now, but it should provide a good starting
point for you.  And of course all the features are very nicely
documented in the manual, take a look there.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu

* Re: Org file to generate both beamer and standard LaTeX file
@ 2013-07-04 20:46   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-07-04 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> All of what you list above is supported.

I should know better, this is Emacs + Orgode :-), and now I *have* to
try it even though I'm not sure I need it...

> You just need to learn the syntax.

I'm starting to get my bearings, I'll read and experiment with it.

Thanks.

Julien.