emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Weekly clock reports for the previous or current week, with a per-day&project breakdown?
@ 2013-07-02 11:10 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2013-07-02 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is it possible to get a clock report for the previous week (and the
current week), with a breakdown of project and day? (this is how I need
it to fill out my time sheets)

Using Bernt Hansens instructions[1], I have been able to get the hours
for the current month: C-c a < a v m b R (in the clock table at the
bottom)

And by experimentation I have found that this does the same thing for
the current week: C-c a < a b R

The command here http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#VerifyingClockData
ie.: C-c a v m b v c
sounds from the description like it could do what I want.

However, I get only the days and their date, and the week number.  I
don't see any clocks for the different days...?

Thanks!

- Steinar

[1] http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#TimeReportingAndTracking

* Re: Weekly clock reports for the previous or current week, with a per-day&project breakdown?
@ 2013-07-02 11:55 ` Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2013-07-02 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It was <2013-07-02 wto 13:10>, when Steinar Bang wrote:
> Is it possible to get a clock report for the previous week (and the
> current week), with a breakdown of project and day? (this is how I need
> it to fill out my time sheets)
>
> Using Bernt Hansens instructions[1], I have been able to get the hours
> for the current month: C-c a < a v m b R (in the clock table at the
> bottom)
>
> And by experimentation I have found that this does the same thing for
> the current week: C-c a < a b R
>
> The command here http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#VerifyingClockData
> ie.: C-c a v m b v c
> sounds from the description like it could do what I want.

How about

+ entering the agenda: C-c a

+ choosing week view: v w

+ going forward and backward with f and b (respectively)

+ toggling clockreport if needed: v R

You might also want to read about clocktables

http://orgmode.org/org.html#The-clock-table

--
Łukasz Stelmach
Samsung R&D Institute Poland

* Re: Weekly clock reports for the previous or current week, with a per-day&project breakdown?
@ 2013-07-02 12:18   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2013-07-02 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> How about

> + entering the agenda: C-c a

> + choosing week view: v w

Hm... I get "invalid key" when pressing 'v' after doing 'C-c a'... am I
missing some key binding or other setting?

* Re: Weekly clock reports for the previous or current week, with a per-day&project breakdown?
@ 2013-07-03  8:09     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-03  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Steinar,

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>> How about
>
>> + entering the agenda: C-c a
>
>> + choosing week view: v w
>
> Hm... I get "invalid key" when pressing 'v' after doing 'C-c a'... am I
> missing some key binding or other setting?

`C-c a' should be followed by the key for the agenda view you want to
display.  `v w' does its job when an agenda view is already displayed.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Weekly clock reports for the previous or current week, with a per-day&project breakdown?
@ 2013-07-04 12:03       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2013-07-04 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>> Hm... I get "invalid key" when pressing 'v' after doing 'C-c a'... am I
>> missing some key binding or other setting?

> `C-c a' should be followed by the key for the agenda view you want to
> display.

Yes, I know.

> `v w' does its job when an agenda view is already displayed.

Yes, that's where and when it complains about "invalid key v", when I
press "v".

(I had to bind "C-c a" myself, that's why I was wondering if I was
missing some other keybinding)

Org-mode version 7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @ c:/ProgramFiles/emacs-24.3/lisp/org/)
(ie. it's the version of org that came with the windows build of emacs 24.3)

* Re: Weekly clock reports for the previous or current week, with a per-day&project breakdown?
@ 2013-07-05 16:50         ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-07-05 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>>> Hm... I get "invalid key" when pressing 'v' after doing 'C-c a'... am I
>>> missing some key binding or other setting?
>
>> `C-c a' should be followed by the key for the agenda view you want to
>> display.
>
> Yes, I know.
>
>> `v w' does its job when an agenda view is already displayed.
>
> Yes, that's where and when it complains about "invalid key v", when I
> press "v".
>
> (I had to bind "C-c a" myself, that's why I was wondering if I was
> missing some other keybinding)

So what is "C-c a" bound to?  (C-h c C-c a)
If it's bound to org-agenda, as it is for me, the key sequence
"C-c a a v w" brings up the agenda view and changes it to a week view.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.0.3-324-gb61ef4