emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Export to multiple HTML files
@ 2015-02-26 16:44 Pete Ley
From: Pete Ley @ 2015-02-26 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I can't seem to find anything in the manual or the googles.

Is there a ready-made way to use ox-html to export a subtree or file to
multiple HTML files? What I'm looking for is that format you find in
documentation (texinfo maybe? I'm not sure what is used -- forgive my
ignorance) online where it gives you the option of HTML -- one file and
HTML -- multiple files. Each heading's HTML file would just contain its
entry text and links to the HTML files of the subtrees.

Is this possible or do I need to hack something?

Thanks

* Re: Export to multiple HTML files
@ 2015-02-26 17:50 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-02-26 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2015-02-26, at 17:44, Pete Ley <peteley11235@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to find anything in the manual or the googles.
>
> Is there a ready-made way to use ox-html to export a subtree or file to
> multiple HTML files? What I'm looking for is that format you find in
> documentation (texinfo maybe? I'm not sure what is used -- forgive my
> ignorance) online where it gives you the option of HTML -- one file and
> HTML -- multiple files. Each heading's HTML file would just contain its
> entry text and links to the HTML files of the subtrees.

This: https://github.com/mbork/org-one-to-many may be a starting point.
It is a small library which splits an org file into many smaller ones.
(Bug reports/feature requests welcome, btw.)  The main function returns
the list of generated files, so you could #'mapc some export function
over it.

> Is this possible or do I need to hack something?
>
> Thanks

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Export to multiple HTML files
@ 2015-02-28  2:53   ` Pete Ley
From: Pete Ley @ 2015-02-28  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> This: https://github.com/mbork/org-one-to-many may be a starting point.
> It is a small library which splits an org file into many smaller ones.
> (Bug reports/feature requests welcome, btw.)  The main function returns
> the list of generated files, so you could #'mapc some export function
> over it.

Thanks! I'll check this out. It makes it a lot easier for another
project I'm working on involving Gopher, too.