emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [RFC] htmlize and htmlfontify comparison
@ 2018-10-06 16:58 Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-10-06 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hello,

I'm in the process of moving Org from htmlize to htmlfontify.

I'm starting out with a low hanging fruit, which is the call to
`htmlize-buffer' in `org-org-publish-to-org'.

I created a simple Org file and published it once using htmlfontify and
another time with htmlize. I'm attaching the two HTML files obtained.

My CSS/HTML/Javascript-fu is rusty. Could someone tell me if there is
anything wrong with the result? Is it a drop-in replacement or does it
need more clean-up?

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

[-- Attachment #2: HTML with Htmlfontify --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 9547 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: HTML with htmlize --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 2565 bytes --]

* Re: [RFC] htmlize and htmlfontify comparison
@ 2018-10-07 13:05 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2018-10-07 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

On Saturday,  6 Oct 2018 at 18:58, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> My CSS/HTML/Javascript-fu is rusty. Could someone tell me if there is
> anything wrong with the result? Is it a drop-in replacement or does it
> need more clean-up?

I am not keen on the css used by htmlfontify in your example output.  It
is much too specific (font-family and particularly font-size).  I would
rather have as simple a set of style definitions as possible, leaving
much of the main styling information to the viewer (my main use case for
converting to HTML is for email for some infrequent needs).  However,
having never used htmlfontify, I don't know how much control I have over
this so maybe it's a non-worry.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.13-783-g97fac4