emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [BUG] `org-open-at-point' surprisingly asks for tags table [9.7-pre (release_9.6.7-640-ga18ebc @ /home/jschmidt/work/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2023-08-08 19:51 Jens Schmidt
From: Jens Schmidt @ 2023-08-08 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

make EMACS=../emacs-master/src/emacs vanilla

Create a new Org-mode buffer with the following contents:

<<test>>

[[test][test link]]

Position point on the link then type C-c C-o: Point jumps to the link as
expected.

Now type

   C-h f org- TAB C-g

Reposition point on link, type C-c C-o.  The following prompt pops up:

   Visit tags table (default TAGS): ...

which is annoying.

It took me some time to realize that the innocent sequence

   C-h f org- TAB C-g

autoloads org-ctags, which hooks into `org-open-link-functions'
through `org-ctags-enable'.

* Re: [BUG] `org-open-at-point' surprisingly asks for tags table [9.7-pre (release_9.6.7-640-ga18ebc @ /home/jschmidt/work/org-mode/lisp/)]
  2023-08-08 19:51 [BUG] `org-open-at-point' surprisingly asks for tags table [9.7-pre (release_9.6.7-640-ga18ebc @ /home/jschmidt/work/org-mode/lisp/)] Jens Schmidt
@ 2023-08-08 20:02 ` Jens Schmidt
From: Jens Schmidt @ 2023-08-08 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry, just followed that recent side-effect-thread to the root

https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87o7omg4ie.fsf@alphaville.usersys.redhat.com/

and found that everything already got documented.  It was that thread
that triggered my bug report as an example of a particular nasty side
effect.

@ 2023-08-09  7:31   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-09  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Schmidt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jens Schmidt <jschmidt4gnu@vodafonemail.de> writes:

> Sorry, just followed that recent side-effect-thread to the root
>
> https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87o7omg4ie.fsf@alphaville.usersys.redhat.com/
>
> and found that everything already got documented.  It was that thread
> that triggered my bug report as an example of a particular nasty side
> effect.

Yup. This is a known problem.
Handled. Closing in favor of the linked thread.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,