emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Org-beamer: Have text overflows continue onto another frame
@ 2023-10-24 12:26 yaxp
From: yaxp @ 2023-10-24 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How do I have overflowing text continue on a new frame? Ideally, in a
way that lets me also customize the title of this new frame

Sample org file below.

#+title: Beamer Test
#+LANGUAGE: en
#+latex_class: beamer
#+columns: %45ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_act(Act)
%4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_opt(Opt)
#+beamer_theme: default

* Example :B_frame:
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: frame
:END:
- Export this file a pdf
- Lot's of text there is a lot of text here wowowowow so much text. The
text just keeps on going oooooo
- Lot's of text there is a lot of text here wowowowow so much text. The
text just keeps on going oooooo
- Lot's of text there is a lot of text here wowowowow so much text. The
text just keeps on going oooooo
- Lot's of text there is a lot of text here wowowowow so much text. The
text just keeps on going oooooo
- Lot's of text there is a lot of text here wowowowow so much text. The
text just keeps on going oooooo
- Lot's of text there is a lot of text here wowowowow so much text. The
text just keeps on going oooooo
- The text is different now oooo
- The text is different now oooo
- The text is different now oooo
- The text is different now oooo
- Everything from here should be on a new frame
   - but where did the text go :(

--
Yax - Former child.

* Re: Org-beamer: Have text overflows continue onto another frame
@ 2023-10-24 13:17 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2023-10-24 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yaxp; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday, 24 Oct 2023 at 17:56, yaxp wrote:
> How do I have overflowing text continue on a new frame? Ideally, in a
> way that lets me also customize the title of this new frame

You can easily do the former by adding

:BEAMER_opt: allowframebreaks

to the PROPERTIES for any frame that needs to overflow unto subsequent
frames.  By default, the new frames have I, II, III, ... appended to
their title.  I am not sure if that behaviour can be customised,
however.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.6-418-g294a4d in Emacs 30.0.50

* Re: Org-beamer: Have text overflows continue onto another frame
@ 2023-10-24 13:34   ` yaxp
From: yaxp @ 2023-10-24 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

That works, thank you. The default titling scheme will have to suffice
for now then methinks.

--

@ 2023-10-24 14:25   ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2023-10-24 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yaxp; +Cc: Org Mode List

and there is some customization possible for continuation frames:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/295854/how-to-edit-behaviour-of-frame-titles-during-frame-break-in-beamer

(and maybe more: still searching)

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.7-661-g34ee6f in Emacs 30.0.50

* Re: Org-beamer: Have text overflows continue onto another frame
@ 2023-10-24 15:07     ` yaxp
From: yaxp @ 2023-10-24 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

That does everything I needed.

Thank you :D

@ 2023-10-25  8:53       ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2023-10-25  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yaxp; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday, 24 Oct 2023 at 20:37, yaxp wrote:
> That does everything I needed.

Excellent.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.7-661-g34ee6f in Emacs 30.0.50