emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* beamer export and links with spaces
@ 2016-02-12  8:57 David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2016-02-12  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Dear All,

i'm using org documents export to beamer. Recently I've changed my directory structures for the screenshots such, that they are located under date subdirectories, e.g.:

screenshots/22 January 2016/140808_21161vUU.png

If I'm going org-type beamer document, I was always using this type of declaration to export the figure:

** Summary from previous session
#+BEGIN_CENTER
#+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 0.8\linewidth
[[file:screenshots/22%20January%202016/140808_21161vUU.png]]
#+END_CENTER

as you can see, the spaces are replaced by %20, which is perfectly fine if browsing the file in emacs and clicking on the link. The image is correctly opened.

This however does not work when beamer/latex is exported, as the org snippet gets translated into:

\section{Summary from previous session}
\label{sec:orgheadline2}
\begin{frame}[label={sec:orgheadline1}]{Summary from previous session}
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[width=0.8\linewidth]{screenshots/22%20January%202016/140808_21161vUU.png}
\end{center}
\end{frame}

hence the includegraphics does not contain space, but contains %20. Such file cannot be found.

What is the way to make it working? It seems that includegraphics generally does not like spaces inside unless one uses e.g. grffile, so the problem could be resolved just by replacing %20 in the latex output by an ordinary space and including \usepackage[space]{grffile}.

any hint?

thanks
.d.

* Re: beamer export and links with spaces
@ 2016-02-12 10:00 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-02-12 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Belohrad; +Cc: org-mode

On Friday, 12 Feb 2016 at 09:57, David Belohrad wrote:

[...]

> What is the way to make it working? It seems that includegraphics
> generally does not like spaces inside unless one uses e.g. grffile, so
> the problem could be resolved just by replacing %20 in the latex
> output by an ordinary space and including \usepackage[space]{grffile}.
>
> any hint?

Avoid tilting at windmills and change the naming convention to, say,
.../2016-02-12/...?  I know this is not the answer you were wanting but
sometimes it's easier to make minor adjustments to a workflow than
trying to bend other tools to the workflow.

Spaces in file names cause all kinds of problems with many non-GUI tools
unfortunately.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.90.1, Org release_8.3.3-565-g4f499f