emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* "DONE" markers have different colors?
@ 2018-05-08 20:30 Zongheng Yang
From: Zongheng Yang @ 2018-05-08 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Lately I've noticed that in my org-mode files, the "DONE" markers started
showing different colors.  I don't believe this happened before. Any ideas?
Is this a recent org-mode change?

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/nsk22Xx  <https://imgur.com/a/nsk22Xx>

I'm using org-plus-contrib-20180129.

Zongheng

* Re: "DONE" markers have different colors?
@ 2018-05-08 20:43 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-05-08 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zongheng Yang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Zongheng Yang <zongheng.y@gmail.com> writes:

> Lately I've noticed that in my org-mode files, the "DONE" markers started
> showing different colors.  I don't believe this happened before. Any ideas?
> Is this a recent org-mode change?

It doesn't ring a bell. You may want to check your configuration.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: "DONE" markers have different colors?
@ 2018-05-08 21:29 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2018-05-08 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zongheng Yang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

you can set kw colors.

also, some monitors show colors depending on vantage.

* Re: "DONE" markers have different colors?
@ 2018-05-08 21:31 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2018-05-08 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zongheng Yang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

Zongheng Yang writes:

> Hi,
>
> Lately I've noticed that in my org-mode files, the "DONE"
> markers started
> showing different colors.  I don't believe this happened before.
> Any ideas?
> Is this a recent org-mode change?

I see this, too.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: "DONE" markers have different colors?
@ 2018-05-08 21:37   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-05-08 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Zongheng Yang

Hello Thomas, Zongheng,

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:34 PM Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Zongheng Yang writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Lately I've noticed that in my org-mode files, the "DONE"
> > markers started
> > showing different colors.  I don't believe this happened before.
> > Any ideas?
> > Is this a recent org-mode change?
>
> I see this, too.

What do you guys see when you do C-u C-x = (equal sign is part of that
binding) with point placed on each of those differently colored "DONE"
states?
--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: "DONE" markers have different colors?
@ 2018-05-08 21:56     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2018-05-08 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Zongheng Yang

Aloha Kaushal,

Kaushal Modi writes:

> Hello Thomas, Zongheng,
>
> On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:34 PM Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Zongheng Yang writes:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Lately I've noticed that in my org-mode files, the "DONE"
>> > markers started
>> > showing different colors.  I don't believe this happened
>> > before.
>> > Any ideas?
>> > Is this a recent org-mode change?
>>
>> I see this, too.
>>

> What do you guys see when you do C-u C-x = (equal sign is part
> of that
> binding) with point placed on each of those differently colored
> "DONE"
> states?

These are from two differently colored TODO cookies, not DONE
cookies.

There are text properties here:
  face                 (:inherit hl-todo :foreground "#cc9393")
  fontified            t
  org-category         "research"
  org-stats            0

There are text properties here:
  face                 org-todo
  fontified            t
  org-category         "research"
  org-stats            0

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: "DONE" markers have different colors?
@ 2018-05-08 21:58       ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-05-08 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Zongheng Yang

Hello,

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:56 PM Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> These are from two differently colored TODO cookies, not DONE
> cookies.
>
> There are text properties here:
>   face                 (:inherit hl-todo :foreground "#cc9393")
>   fontified            t
>   org-category         "research"
>   org-stats            0
>
> There are text properties here:
>   face                 org-todo
>   fontified            t
>   org-category         "research"
>   org-stats            0

I don't use the hl-todo package. But looks like you do, and it somehow
highlights only some "TODO" keywords based on some regexp.

How about disabling hl-todo completely in Org files, and then see if you
still get that difference in faces?
--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: "DONE" markers have different colors?
@ 2018-05-08 23:23         ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2018-05-08 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Zongheng Yang

Aloha Kaushal,

Kaushal Modi writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:56 PM Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com>
> wrote:
>

>> These are from two differently colored TODO cookies, not DONE
>> cookies.
>>
>> There are text properties here:
>>   face                 (:inherit hl-todo :foreground "#cc9393")
>>   fontified            t
>>   org-category         "research"
>>   org-stats            0
>>
>> There are text properties here:
>>   face                 org-todo
>>   fontified            t
>>   org-category         "research"
>>   org-stats            0
>>

> I don't use the hl-todo package. But looks like you do, and it
> somehow
> highlights only some "TODO" keywords based on some regexp.
>
> How about disabling hl-todo completely in Org files, and then
> see if you
> still get that difference in faces?

That's it.  It is a known issue with spacemacs, which I'm using.
See: https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/issues/9950, which
provides a solution.

All the best,
Tom