emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Agenda View: Do not display items scheduled in the past
@ 2010-04-19 14:06 Friedericksen Hope
From: Friedericksen Hope @ 2010-04-19 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

I tried to solve this problem with the manual, but I was not very successfull. I have an org file with several items, nearly all with a timestamp. When I open the standard agenda with C-x a a I get a
weekly view with a display of all scheduled items from the past (like missed items) in red below the todays appointment. (I hope you can understand).

The items scheduled in the past are displayed ion red with a number like "3x" saying that it was scheduled three days before.

How can I prevent orgmode from displaying these items? I only want to see items with a timestamp today (and, of course, deadline items in the next two weeks).

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Friedericksen

* Re: Agenda View: Do not display items scheduled in the past
@ 2010-04-19 14:41 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-04-19 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: friedericksen.hope; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Friedericksen Hope <friedericksen.hope@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to solve this problem with the manual, but I was not very
> successfull. I have an org file with several items, nearly all with a
> timestamp. When I open the standard agenda with C-x a a I get a weekly
> view with a display of all scheduled items from the past (like missed
> items) in red below the todays appointment. (I hope you can
> understand).
>
> The items scheduled in the past are displayed ion red with a number
> like "3x" saying that it was scheduled three days before.
>
> How can I prevent orgmode from displaying these items? I only want to
> see items with a timestamp today (and, of course, deadline items in
> the next two weeks).

(setq org-scheduled-past-days 0)

Best,
Matt

* Re: Agenda View: Do not display items scheduled in the past
@ 2010-04-19 18:59   ` Friedericksen Hope
From: Friedericksen Hope @ 2010-04-19 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Matt,

thank you very much - this is exactly what I was looking for. And I found out something interesting. In the description this variable is associated with items, that are not marked done. But it
displays also items which have no DONE/TODO marker. So "not done" means really NOT DONE and not only TODO-items. ;-)

Best wishes back,
Friedericksen

@ 2010-04-20  0:18     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-04-20  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: friedericksen.hope; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Your other option is don't use SCHEDULED: at all -- just use plain
timestamps with C-c .

These show up on the agenda only on the date they are for.

HTH,
Bernt