emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Special Characters in verbatim
@ 2017-10-15 11:35 Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2017-10-15 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

 I can't get verbatim to work for me with special characters:

I want to display a hashmark followed by a single quote in verbatim. I
publish to texinfo and from there to html (using makeinfo/texi2any).

I tried this: =#'= which renders as is without removing the equality
characters. If I don't use any special characters it works well,
displaying the text between the equality chars with monospaced font in
the html document.

I searched the web for quite some time now but none of the suggested
methods (escaping, using character entities, etc) work for me.

Can someone help?

--
Orm

* Re: Special Characters in verbatim
@ 2017-10-16 12:51 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-10-16 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Orm Finnendahl <orm.finnendahl@selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
>  I can't get verbatim to work for me with special characters:
>
> I want to display a hashmark followed by a single quote in verbatim. I
> publish to texinfo and from there to html (using makeinfo/texi2any).
>
> I tried this: =#'= which renders as is without removing the equality
> characters. If I don't use any special characters it works well,
> displaying the text between the equality chars with monospaced font in
> the html document.
>
> I searched the web for quite some time now but none of the suggested
> methods (escaping, using character entities, etc) work for me.
>
> Can someone help?

I cannot reproduce your issue. You may want to update Org and try again.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou