emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* subtitle in export?
@ 2010-04-19 11:29 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2010-04-19 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is it possible to add a subtitle when exporting an orgmode document?
Or phrased differently, can I define a multi-line title for a
document?  I don't see an obvious way to do it, though perhaps there's
a latex option I don't understand at all.

If it makes any difference, I am currently exporting to latex, then
converting to odt using mk4ht oolatex.  (aside: is there a really easy
way to define a new export option that automates the seond step?
right now I'm switching to a shell to do the final step, would love to
stop having to do that.)

thanks much as always!

matt

* Re: subtitle in export?
@ 2010-04-19 13:59 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-04-19 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[...]
> If it makes any difference, I am currently exporting to latex, then
> converting to odt using mk4ht oolatex.  (aside: is there a really easy
> way to define a new export option that automates the seond step?
> right now I'm switching to a shell to do the final step, would love to
> stop having to do that.)

Org has org-export-html-final-hook but no latex equivalent, nor a
general after-export hook? Is that right? (I feel like I must be missing
something there.)

But anyway, if there's no hook, a function to do it could be as simple
as

(defun my-budget-latex-export-with-post-processing ()
  (interactive)
  (if (org-export-as-latex 3)
      (shell-command
       (format "mk4ht oolatex %s.tex"
	       (file-name-sans-extension (buffer-name))))))

You could add minibuffer messages with the `message' function.
(3 is the number of levels to use in the export, see C-h f org-export-as-latex)
If there's a hook, then make a function with just the shell command bit
and add it to the the hook.

Dan

* Re: subtitle in export?
@ 2010-04-19 15:34   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-19 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 19, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

> [...]
>> If it makes any difference, I am currently exporting to latex, then
>> converting to odt using mk4ht oolatex.  (aside: is there a really
>> easy
>> way to define a new export option that automates the seond step?
>> right now I'm switching to a shell to do the final step, would love
>> stop having to do that.)
>
> Org has org-export-html-final-hook but no latex equivalent, nor a
> general after-export hook? Is that right? (I feel like I must be
> missing
> something there.)

All backends have a "final" hook - org-export-latex-final-hook in this
case.

Cheers

- Carsten

> But anyway, if there's no hook, a function to do it could be as simple
> as
>
> (defun my-budget-latex-export-with-post-processing ()
>  (interactive)
>  (if (org-export-as-latex 3)
>      (shell-command
>       (format "mk4ht oolatex %s.tex"
> 	       (file-name-sans-extension (buffer-name))))))
>
> You could add minibuffer messages with the `message' function.
> (3 is the number of levels to use in the export, see C-h f org-
> export-as-latex)
> If there's a hook, then make a function with just the shell command
> bit
> and add it to the the hook.
>
> Dan

- Carsten

* Re: subtitle in export?
@ 2010-04-19 15:52     ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-04-19 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Apr 19, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Dan Davison wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>> If it makes any difference, I am currently exporting to latex, then
>>> converting to odt using mk4ht oolatex.  (aside: is there a really
>>> easy
>>> way to define a new export option that automates the seond step?
>>> right now I'm switching to a shell to do the final step, would love
>>> stop having to do that.)
>>
>> Org has org-export-html-final-hook but no latex equivalent, nor a
>> general after-export hook? Is that right? (I feel like I must be
>> missing
>> something there.)
>
> All backends have a "final" hook - org-export-latex-final-hook in this
> case.

Ah, I see, Emacs doesn't know about it until I cause
(require 'org-latex)
to happen. As I said, I felt that I was missing something...

Dan

> Cheers
>
> - Carsten
>

>> But anyway, if there's no hook, a function to do it could be as simple
>> as
>>
>> (defun my-budget-latex-export-with-post-processing ()
>>  (interactive)
>>  (if (org-export-as-latex 3)
>>      (shell-command
>>       (format "mk4ht oolatex %s.tex"
>> 	       (file-name-sans-extension (buffer-name))))))
>>
>> You could add minibuffer messages with the `message' function.
>> (3 is the number of levels to use in the export, see C-h f org-
>> export-as-latex)
>> If there's a hook, then make a function with just the shell command
>> bit
>> and add it to the the hook.
>>
>> Dan

> - Carsten

* Re: subtitle in export?
@ 2010-04-19 15:54       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-19 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 19, 2010, at 5:52 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Apr 19, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Dan Davison wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Org has org-export-html-final-hook but no latex equivalent, nor a
>>> general after-export hook? Is that right? (I feel like I must be
>>> missing
>>> something there.)
>>
>> All backends have a "final" hook - org-export-latex-final-hook in
>> this
>> case.
>
> Ah, I see, Emacs doesn't know about it until I cause
> (require 'org-latex)
> to happen. As I said, I felt that I was missing something...

I think add-hook is still OK to use.

- Carsten

* Re: subtitle in export?
@ 2010-04-19 16:27         ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-04-19 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>>> All backends have a "final" hook - org-export-latex-final-hook in
>>> this
>>> case.
>>
>> Ah, I see, Emacs doesn't know about it until I cause
>> (require 'org-latex)
>> to happen. As I said, I felt that I was missing something...
>
> I think add-hook is still OK to use.

Sorry, yes, I didn't mean to suggest that this was preventing user
customisation.  I was just trying to explain how I had hastily come to
the erroneous conclusion that the hook variable didn't exist.

Is there a convenient way to load all features in core org-mode at
startup so that I don't make the same mistake again?

Dan

> - Carsten

* Re: subtitle in export?
@ 2010-04-20  9:29 ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-04-20  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Matt,

Matt Price wrote:
> Is it possible to add a subtitle when exporting an orgmode document?
> Or phrased differently, can I define a multi-line title for a
> document?  I don't see an obvious way to do it, though perhaps there's
> a latex option I don't understand at all.

#+TITLE:     Documentation \linebreak Nouvelles demandes

Is this it?

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: subtitle in export?
@ 2010-04-20 13:44           ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-20 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 19, 2010, at 6:27 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

>>> Ah, I see, Emacs doesn't know about it until I cause
>>> (require 'org-latex)
>>> to happen. As I said, I felt that I was missing something...
>>
>> I think add-hook is still OK to use.
>
> Sorry, yes, I didn't mean to suggest that this was preventing user
> customisation.  I was just trying to explain how I had hastily come to
> the erroneous conclusion that the hook variable didn't exist.
>
> Is there a convenient way to load all features in core org-mode at
> startup so that I don't make the same mistake again?

You could add org-require-autoloaded-modules to org-mode-hook, but I
am not sure if this still has the complete list of autoloaded modules.

A more radical solution is org-reload.  When I want to make sure
everything is loaded in order to look for custom variables, I press `C-
c C-x !', and that will pull everything in.

HTH

- Carsten

> Dan
>

>> - Carsten