emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* allowframebreaks in beamer export
@ 2017-02-10 17:39 Rafael
From: Rafael @ 2017-02-10 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode list

I would like to export to beamer, in such a way that all frames have
the 'allowframebreaks' option. I thought the following would work, but
when I export, the frames in the .tex file have no
allowframebreaks. Maybe I am misunderstanding the way that properties
are inherited, so my question is: is there a way to have all frames
with allowframebreaks option, without having to declare explicitly the
'BEAMER_OPT' property in all frame subheadings?

#+BEGIN_SRC org
,#+title: Presentation
,#+latex_header: \usepackage{lipsum}

,* A part
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_OPT: allowframebreaks=0.8
  :END:

,** First
   \lipsum[1-2]

,** Second
   \lipsum[3-4]

,* COMMENT Local Variables

# Local Variables:
# org-use-property-inheritance: t
# End:
#+END_SRC

(BTW, I know and understand when the beamer manual says that the
'allowframebreaks' option is evil, but in this case I want to produce
reading notes only for my use, and I find that beamer export is rather
convenient.)

* Re: allowframebreaks in beamer export
@ 2017-02-11  1:05 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-02-11  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode list

Hello,

Rafael <rvf0068@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to export to beamer, in such a way that all frames have
> the 'allowframebreaks' option.

See `org-beamer-frame-default-options'.

> I thought the following would work, but
> when I export, the frames in the .tex file have no
> allowframebreaks. Maybe I am misunderstanding the way that properties
> are inherited,

You probably don't, but "BEAMER_..." properties are not inherited on
purpose, since they are almost certainly specific to the heading.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou