emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* One-stop shop for ALL org faces size?
@ 2023-08-09  7:38 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2023-08-09  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

A while back, I configured Emacs' default face to use the Inconsolata font slightly smaller than how it appeared at first. (It shows up in .emacs as ":height 98" -- what is 98, I'm not sure.)

Now the trouble is, =verbatim segments= appear slightly larger than the text around it. As it's a programming related article that I'm writing, there are a LOT of verbatim bits and it's extremely distracting to see variable line heights.

I dug into org-faces and found Org Verbatim face. This inherits from fixed-pitch, so I tried to change it to have the same height property, but, no luck.

I recall in prior versions of org that it was much easier to change the default font size.

So anyway... what I would like to do is to set something, preferably in one place, and have ALL org faces follow suit. How to do this? Or, is it impossible?

Org 9.5.2.

Thanks.

hjh

* Re: One-stop shop for ALL org faces size?
@ 2023-08-09  7:41 ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2023-08-09  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

---- On Wed, 09 Aug 2023 15:38:55 +0800  James Harkins  wrote ---
> So anyway... what I would like to do is to set something, preferably in one place, and have ALL org faces follow suit. How to do this? Or, is it impossible?

Erm... as often happens, moments after sending, I found the issue: custom-set-faces had set "default" to the font family I wanted, but fixed-pitch was overriding this with a different family. Changing that fixed it.

Sorry for noise.

@ 2023-08-09  7:46 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-09  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harkins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

James Harkins <jamshark70@zoho.com> writes:

> I recall in prior versions of org that it was much easier to change the default font size.
>
> So anyway... what I would like to do is to set something, preferably in one place, and have ALL org faces follow suit. How to do this? Or, is it impossible?
>
> Org 9.5.2.

org-verbatim face no longer inherits fixed-pitch in the latest Org release.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,