emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Agenda view with tags filter
@ 2007-11-19 21:07 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2007-11-19 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have been using org modes for a while now and it's great.

I was wondering if it's possible to have an agenda view with a filter
on tags. Fox example I would like to have a daily agenda with only the
:home: tag item listed.

I looked at the manual and the source code but it doesn't seem
possible. Maybe I have missed something?

Kind regards,
--
Ivan Kanis
http://kanis.fr

  "Only the wise possess ideas; the greater part of mankind are
possessed by them."
    -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

* Re: Agenda view with tags filter
@ 2007-11-20  0:53 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-20  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Ivan,

Ivan Kanis <expire-by-2007-11-25@kanis.eu> writes:

> I was wondering if it's possible to have an agenda view with a filter
> on tags. Fox example I would like to have a daily agenda with only the
> :home: tag item listed.

I suspect you're using an old version of Org.  What version of Org are
you using?

,----
| M-x org-agenda m
`----

lets you match a TAGS query.

If you want to store a tags search in a agenda custom command:

,----
| (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
|       '(("*" tags "home" nil)))
`----

This agenda command `*' will list all your entries tagged :home:

> I looked at the manual and the source code but it doesn't seem
> possible. Maybe I have missed something?

Maybe this will help:

  (info "(org)Storing searches")

--
Bastien

* Re: Agenda view with tags filter
@ 2007-11-20  1:31   ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2007-11-20  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

>> I was wondering if it's possible to have an agenda view with a filter
>> on tags. Fox example I would like to have a daily agenda with only the
>> :home: tag item listed.
>
> I suspect you're using an old version of Org.  What version of Org are
> you using?

Org-mode version 5.13h

> ,----
> | M-x org-agenda m
> `----
>
> lets you match a TAGS query.

Yes I am aware of this command, it lists all item matching tags. I
would like an agenda view with items that matches a specific tag. For
example a day view with only :office: items.
--
Ivan
http://kanis.fr

  "I shall never make a new friend in my life, though perhaps a few
after I die."
    -- Oscar Wilde

* Re: Re: Agenda view with tags filter
@ 2007-11-20  1:57     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-20  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ivan Kanis <expire-by-2007-11-25@kanis.eu> writes:

>> ,----
>> | M-x org-agenda m
>> `----
>>
>> lets you match a TAGS query.
>
> Yes I am aware of this command, it lists all item matching tags. I
> would like an agenda view with items that matches a specific tag. For
> example a day view with only :office: items.

Ah, okay.  Maybe this will help:

(org-add-agenda-custom-command
 '("h" agenda ""
   ((org-agenda-skip-function
     '(org-agenda-skip-entry 'notregexp ":home:"))
    (org-agenda-overriding-header "Agenda with :home: tag:"))))

BTW, "agenda view" might be a bit confusing.  Maybe we should use
"agenda view" for (agenda) only and "custom view" for other types
of views.

--
Bastien

* Re: Agenda view with tags filter
@ 2007-11-21 21:42       ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2007-11-21 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> (org-add-agenda-custom-command
>  '("h" agenda ""
>    ((org-agenda-skip-function
>      '(org-agenda-skip-entry 'notregexp ":home:"))
>     (org-agenda-overriding-header "Agenda with :home: tag:"))))

Thanks for the tip, you code did not quite work for me. I think
org-agenda-skip-entry was missiong.

This works but I think it's bit ugly:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("h" agenda "home"
         ((org-agenda-skip-function
           (lambda()
             (org-agenda-skip-if nil '(notregexp ":home:"))))))
        ("o" agenda "office"
         ((org-agenda-skip-function
           (lambda()
             (org-agenda-skip-if nil '(notregexp ":office:"))))))))

I'll take any better ideas.
--
Ivan
http://kanis.fr

  "When faced with a challenge, look for a way, not a way out."
    -- David Weatherford

* Re: Re: Agenda view with tags filter
@ 2007-11-22  0:29         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-22  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ivan Kanis <expire-by-2007-11-27@kanis.fr> writes:

>> (org-add-agenda-custom-command
>>  '("h" agenda ""
>>    ((org-agenda-skip-function
>>      '(org-agenda-skip-entry 'notregexp ":home:"))
>>     (org-agenda-overriding-header "Agenda with :home: tag:"))))
>
> Thanks for the tip, you code did not quite work for me. I think
> org-agenda-skip-entry was missiong.

Sorry, typo.  Here is the correct version

(org-add-agenda-custom-command
 '("h" agenda ""
   ((org-agenda-skip-function
     '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp ":home:"))
    (org-agenda-overriding-header "Agenda with :home: tag:"))))

Basically replace `org-agenda-skip-entry' (which doesn't exist) by
`org-agenda-skip-entry-if'.

--
Bastien