emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Confusion about TODO tags
@ 2010-03-23 21:29 Chao Lu
From: Chao Lu @ 2010-03-23 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Why we need the tag-todo, what's the difference between the tag-todo and if
I define a tag named with TODO?

And is it possible when I change the state of one task to done, it will be
archived automatically?

Besides, how could I modify the behavior of the archive function, since I
found the item
-----------------
*** blabla after archive, will be changed to

* blabla
properties
-----------------
which I do not like so much.

Thanks a lot,

Chao

* Re: Confusion about TODO tags
@ 2010-03-24  0:12 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-03-24  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chao Lu; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Chao Lu <loochao@gmail.com> writes:

> Why we need the tag-todo, what's the difference between the tag-todo
> and if I define a tag named with TODO?

I could not find a "tag-todo" anywhere in the manual. Are you referring
to the "tags-todo" search discussed in the documentation for
org-agenda-custom-commands? If so, this search returns all active TODOs
that match a given tag.

> And is it possible when I change the state of one task to done, it will
> be archived automatically?

(add-hook 'org-after-todo-state-change-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (when (string-match org-looking-at-done-regexp state)
	      (org-archive-subtree-default))))

> Besides, how could I modify the behavior of the archive function, since
> I found the item
> -----------------
> *** blabla after archive, will be changed to
>
> * blabla
> properties
> -----------------
> which I do not like so much.

I assume you mean:

,----
| * blabla
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :ARCHIVE_TIME: 2010-03-23 Tue 20:10
|   :ARCHIVE_CATEGORY: blaaahhh
|   :END:
`----

If you want to avoid the context properties, use the following setting:

(setq org-archive-save-context-info nil)

Best,
Matt